How do I get started with "Affiliates" plugin?

I recently installed "Affiliates" plugin. I have no idea how to invite people to join my new program or how to add their names manually.

Is there a start-to-finish video I can watch? I watched the "ad" on the download page, but it didn't answer my questions for getting started.

Thanks!

• Vinod Dalvi

Hi @Flesche,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

I recently installed "Affiliates" plugin. I have no idea how to invite people to join my new program or how to add their names manually.

Please see the reply posted on the following thread to get answer.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/how-do-i-get-affiliates-entered-into-the-affiliates-plugin#post-612732

Is there a start-to-finish video I can watch? I watched the "ad" on the download page, but it didn't answer my questions for getting started.

Currently there isn't any start-to-finish video but you will find some information about usage of this plugin on the following page.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/wordpress-mu-affiliate/#usage

Kind Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

• Flesche

Thank you for your response.

I still don't understand where someone goes to register for an account MY site. The link you sent me mentions shortcodes, but I don't understand this either. Can you explain this?

I've already read the information on second link you sent me.

I also don't understand how to link my opt-in page to the affiliate tracking system. People will opt in for free videos with an upsell at the end. SO there won't be affiliate fees paid up front. How do I set this tracking up?

Flesche

• Patrick

Hi there @Flesche

Terribly sorry for the delay on this thread; we're busy as beavers these days. But let's see if we can get you up and running, shall we?

The process of registering on your site has really nothing to do with the Affiliates plugin. That is handled by WordPress.

However, once a user has registered on your site, they can view & edit their affiliate information in your wp-admin under Users > Affiliate Referrals. Clicking the "Edit" link in the yellow bar will pop open a form where they can enter their PayPal email address so they can get paid for referrals.

Under Users > Affiliate Banners, they can see all the banners you have made available to them in Affiliates > Settings > Banner Settings.

As for the shortcodes, they are used to bring all the Affiliates functionality to the front-end of your site, so your users don<t even need to go in the wp-admin if you don't want them there.

To become an affiliate on your site, a user must manually enable their affiliate link by selecting "Yes, please"

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.