How do I get the "Create an Account" screen after a person clicks "Signup" to...

Hi:

How do I get the "Create an Account" screen after a person clicks "Signup" to include a right sidebar?

also

How would I get the "Create an Account" screen after a person clicks "Signup" just be centered on the screen with the text and empty boxes being close together instead of far apart like they are now?

Please let me know.

Thanks.

• aristath
    • Recruit

Hello again @Greg, I hope you're well today!

Could you please grant us access to your backend so that we may see exactly what is happening?
    To do so, from your dashboard go to WPMUDEV => Support => Support Access and click on the "Grant access" button.

Please note that you must have the WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin installed on your site to complete the above process.

Cheers,
    Ari.

• Michelle Shull
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Hey there, Greg!

Try this for the sign-up part two page:

.ms-membership-form-wrapper {
    width: 25%;
    margin-right: auto;
    margin-left: auto;
    }

I don't think that's going to fully solve your issue, however. It appears as though your page builder tool here is interfering with how this second page displays, which is why you're getting two sets of social icons, and the form content is appearing above the nav bar, rather than below.

Can you try testing this by temporarily switching to a default WP theme?

If that fixes it, there's a chance we can still work within your theme. On the Register (or any page) edit page screen, you can choose a Parent template file for that page. Try choosing a page you know properly displays the sidebar to use as a parent. Each subsequent registration page in the process should pick up the template style of the previous step, so this may be all we need to do to fix it.

Thanks for your questions!

• Greg
    • The Exporter

@Michelle Shull Thank you for your input. I will work with this and see.

However, I had the sharing set to share both above and below elements. Some are close together which I did not really like. I just made it to show above each element instead of both (regarding the social shares).

:slight_smile:

• Greg
    • The Exporter

@Michelle Shull @Tyler Postle

Changing the parent would not work because the /register needed to be full-width but the registration either narrower or have the sidebar to make it look and feel better.

The compromise ended up being using the CSS @Michelle Shull posted, but it also narrowed the column on the inital /register page (the full-width page). That being said, I can live with both and it should work ok this way.

I have not tested other similar pages like this yet, but if it is similar on other types of PC pages, then it should also be good to go.

Thanks @Michelle Shull and @Tyler Postle

:slight_smile:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.