How do I get the locations I set up in the settings to show up as choices on the Make an Appointment

How do I get the locations I set up in the settings to show up as choices on the Make an Appointment page? This is my 2nd request for help on this. Do I not get support with my purchase? Thanks Marc

• Vaughan

hiya

thanks for posting.

i don't see any posts from you at all, other than this one. did you post on the forum or was it via email?

anyway, regarding your issue, that's an interesting question. and unfortunately i don't know the answer myself. i've just been playing and I can't find how to display it either.

let me just ping the developer for you for some of his expertise on this.

hope this helps

thanks

• Marc

Ok Thanks…I thought it was by email but maybe not. I just clicked on the support link the the WP dashboard. Anyways thanks for responding. I thought I could maybe just set up dummy providers as locations, although locations was available in the add-on area and it seems that if there is an area to include different locations I should be able to be include it as a drop down selection on the actual appointments page?

Best, Marc

• Vladislav

Hello,

The locations support at the moment allows for linking the locations to services/providers, so selecting a service/provider displays their locations (and also, sets if for the appointment). However, the backwards mapping list you propose (listing locations and allowing the choice of services/providers based on a location) is an excellent idea, and will definitely come in in a future release.

• pxwm

Hi @Vaughan and @Vladislav - Hope you don't mind me chiming in

Hi @Marc

If I've understood your requirements correctly and assuming you are using v1.3 and you have activated the relevant 'Add-ons' in the Add-ons' tab then a 'Locations' tab should appear in A+ Settings.

If you have then select the 'Locations' tab and you have a number of options to set up multiple locations and once you have setup the locations further down the page you have the option to automatically display the location dropdown before or after the Services or Service Providers or you can add the shortcode: [app_service_location] to your appointment page.

Hope this helps
    Regards
    SteveB

• Marc

Hi Steve,

Sorry I've been out of touch for a couple days, to busy with my regular J.O.B. But, yes I am using v1.3 and I have activated the "locations" add-on, I've set up three locations and have the options selected below to "Automatic, after services.

I also tried adding the shortcode: [app_service_location] to my appointment page. Still doesn't show a drop down for selecting a location. On the actual website page I see the word "location" at the top area right under "My Appointments" and just to the left of the word "service". But no locations show up on the page and no drop down menu to select locations. Maybe I'm having compatibility issues with my theme or something. I'm using a wootheme. Without being able to have clients select a location when they book an appointment, this plug-in is useless to me. I wish I was able to trial this before I bought it. Anyways, thanks for your thoughts.

Best, Marc

• Marc

Really, thanks for trying to help me with this...
    Other than the three addresses I have set up in the locations settings tab, there are only two other setting:
    Show my appointments location and Show all appointments location. Both are set to "Automatic, after service"

When I save the settings with "Create an Appointment Page" box checked, it automatically creates the Make an Appointment page. When I go to that page that was created, there is no shotcode at all for locations. When I add the shortcode "[app_service_location]" manualy to the page it shows up as only text on the site. Below is the short code on the page set to text:

<table>
    <tbody>
    <tr>
    <td colspan="2">[app_my_appointments]</td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td>[app_services]</td>
    <td>[app_service_providers]</td>
    <td>[app_service_location]</td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td colspan="2">[app_monthly_schedule]</td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td colspan="2">[app_pagination month="1"]</td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td colspan="2">[app_login]</td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td colspan="2">[app_confirmation]</td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td colspan="2">[app_paypal]</td>
    </tr>
    </tbody>
    </table>

Thanks, Marc

• pxwm

Hi @Marc

I think I know what the problem is!

First of all could you please confirm the setting for the 'Show service location' field in the A+ 'Location' tab?

Is it set to 'I will add location info manually, using shortcode' or have you selected one of the automatic options?

if you have opted for one of the auotmatic options you don't need the [app_service_location] shortcode in your Appointment page

Also could you select the A+ 'Services' page and directly underneath each service you should see a Blue link called 'More Info'.
    If you click this you will be given an option to select one of the three locations you have setup.

Set them up for all your Services and save the settings.

Hopefully if you then test you should see the dropdown showing the available locations for each selected service.

Hope this helps
    Regards
    SteveB

• Marc

Ok I see what your talking about, and that does kind of work, but it still doesn't give me a drop down menu to select another locations. It has a drop down menu for the services (and that was always working) but it appears that only one location can be tied to one service. For example, if you select the service "90 min massage, it will only show the one location I set up for that service, no way to select another location.

The problem I'm having is the lady I am building this site for has three locations that see gives massages at and all services are available at all locations. The only way I can see to do this is to set up for example, three "90 min massage" services one for each location, like 90 min massage location A, 90 min massage location B, 90 min massage location C. And that would mean I would have to have three times the number of services set up and there would be too much room for error that someone would accidentally select the wrong service/location. I like the way this plug in works other than that, but I'm just going to bail on this one and look for a different plugin to use, if I can find one that will do what I need to do.

Thank you for all your time and help in this matter, but I've spent way to much time trying to make this work, it shouldn't have to be this complicated. I won't make a dime on this project if I continue to fuss with this. Hopefully I can find a plugin that will work for this project. I'm sure I will be able to use this one on some future job that only has one location to deal with.

Thanks again for your time, Marc

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.