How do I get the Pop Up! Plugin for WP to work?

I am having trouble getting my Pop Up!/Pop Over (which one is it, by the way?) to function on my WP site. I have installed the plugin successfully activated it, and made a plug in using HTML in the text editor – very cool by the way.

However, now that I have done all that, I do not see the pop up appearing anywhere. I am certain there is a painfully obvious solution to this. What is the next step here to get my pop up running on my site?

Please respond to this at ferris@nicholaswilton.com

Thank you in advance for your help. Also, not sure if this helps, but I have granted you guys support access to my website.

Best, Ferris

• Nicholas
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Vaughan,

Thank you for responding to my post so quickly. Literally not five minutes after I posted it I figured why the pop up wasn’t working.

Now that it is working, I do have several other questions however.

1) Is there a way to increase the white space between the gray border and the copy in the pop up? You’ll notice in the screen shot above that the grey border is right up against the copy – looks a little crowded.

2) Is there a way to change the “dark background fixed” color to something a little lighter? I know this is a little on the anal side of design, but I’m compelled to ask nonetheless.

Thank you for your time. It is greatly appreciated.

Best, Ferris

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

Hi Nicholas,

I see you have managed to sort the margins out.

However for the dark background,

You can adjust the CSS by using the following.

#darkbackground {
    background: url("http://vaughanmontgomery.co.uk/wp-content/plugins/popover/popoverincludes/css/fullbackground/images/opaque80.png") repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;
    }

As you can see, the default is an opaque .png image.

But you could either add your own image and change the path to point to it, or use pure CSS

#darkbackground {
    background: rgba(0,0,0,0.8) !important;
    }

change the 0.8 to change the opacity 1 being completely back 0 being lightest.

so look for values between 0.5 & 0.8 ideally.

Hope this helps

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.