How do I get the wordpress logo off my site?

I installed ultimate branding for the purpose of getting rid of the word press logo. I don’t have anything to replace it with yet, I just want it gone. I am training myself using my own site, which was originally a Joomla site. I want it to look like my original site, but it just looks like a poorly done blog site. I’m getting frustrated, because I am usually pretty intuitive with software and found Joomla easy, but WordPress just seems really hard to use to create a website.

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

Hi @suellen32

Welcome to the forums!

The easiest way to get rid of the WP logo is to temporarily upload anything else. Ultimate Branding cannot that logo, but it sure as shootin’ can replace it :slight_smile:

As for the difficulties you are having with WordPress, we hear ya! And that’s one of the reasons we’re here: to help you on your learning curve.

So, here’s one the easiest tutorials I’ve found to help you get your head around WP:

http://easywpguide.com/easy-wp-guide-v2-4-for-wordpress-3-5/

As for the look and feel, that would depend on the theme you have chosen, and your level of skill with CSS, HTML & PHP (the latter is not particularly required unless you want to start customizing functions & stuff).

Please let us know how we can help you get things running the way you want them.

• suellen32
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Thanks Patrick. I have downloaded the WP guide you recommended and it has helped a lot already. I’m going to really get stuck into trying to get everything the way I want it over the next few days, so if I come up against any problems I will be sure to ask.

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

Hi again @suellen32

Have fun!

And, like I said, we’re here for you if you run into problems :slight_smile:

I’m going to go ahead and mark this thread as resolved for now. But if you still need more help on this topic, simply re-open the thread by ticking the Mark as Not Resolved (re-open) box below.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.