How do I get this plugin to actually work? It's installed but NOTHING happens.

I paid for, installed and downloaded the Appointments plug plugin. It generated a page on my site. I used my wordpress dashboard to make that page a sub of another page. When I click on a day, nothing happens. I used the control, shift, + j to see if there was anything wrong with my code. There were no errors whatsoever. I’ve built my site myself. I’m not a coding pro but I do not understand what is wrong and why this plugin just doesn’t work. If it’s not going to work, then I’d like my money back. Thanks.

• pxwm
    • WP Core Meltdown

Hi @Removed info

Could you please confirm if you have the field called ‘login required’ set to ‘Yes’?

If you have could you set to ‘No’ then Save.

Then try selecting a date and see if it displays available time slots.

If the field is already set to ‘No’ then you may have a plugin or theme conflict.

To test this I would suggest you take a backup of your site and database so you have a rollback option.

Then if you can either disable all the plugins except A+ and see if this works.

If not then select the default theme to see if this then works.

If not please screenpost the following:-

All the settings in the ‘General’ tab

‘Services’ tab

‘Service Providers’ tab

All the shortcodes in your appointments page with the page set to ‘text’ so I can view all the code.

A link to your appointments page

I hope that helps

Regards

SteveB

• pxwm
    • WP Core Meltdown

Hi @Removed Info

This is the default theme for your site.

To confirm A+ doesn’t have a theme.

You can check if you are already using a default theme for your site by:-

Login to your WordPress dashboard as Admin

In the left hand menu select ‘Appearances’

Then Select ‘Themes’

At the top of the page it will indicate the ‘current’ theme

If it states ‘Twenty Eleven’ or ‘Twenty Twelve’ or ‘Twenty Thirteen’ then you already have a default theme selected.

If you don’t and you wish to try a default theme to confirm if your current theme is causing a conflict then click ‘Activate’ under the relevant default theme you wish to use and this should replace your current theme.

I still suggest you take a backup of your site and database before switching

Regards

SteveB

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello there

Welcome to WPMU community!

I hope you are well today and thanks for asking the question.

Would you please share a link to me, so that I can check? You can run a plugin conflict test with the attached flowchart. Also please check with default theme as @pxwm mentioned. Default theme means, Wp twentytwelve theme.

Please let me know.

Cheers

Ash

• OhSusanna
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Thanks to everyone for trying to help me. pxwm, that’s a lot of screenshots. I hope you don’t mind?

This is the code in my appointments page:

<table>

<tbody>

<tr>

<td colspan=”2″>

[app_my_appointments]

</td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td>[app_services]</td>

<td>[app_service_providers]</td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td colspan=”2″>

[app_monthly_schedule]

</td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td colspan=”2″>

[app_pagination month=”1″]

</td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td colspan=”2″>

[app_login]

</td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td colspan=”2″>

[app_confirmation]

</td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td colspan=”2″>

[app_paypal]

</td>

</tr>

</tbody>

</table>

• pxwm
    • WP Core Meltdown

Hi @Removed Info

I’ve checked your shortcodes and they all look fine.

As for the firefox message:-

“Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.”

This sounds like a firefox issue and if you paste the message you receive into your browser there are many posts in the mozilla support pages.

Do you have another browser installed you can try?

Regards

SteveB

• OhSusanna
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

@steveb I get the same result with Safari.

I have not actually tried disabling my other plugins. I’m reluctant to because I’m worried I could do something wrong and lose things on my site, even if I tried to back up.

Do you know if there are any known plugin conflicts?

Thank you.

• OhSusanna
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi Ashok, I am running a redirect plugin; however, I am not ok with getting rid of any of my plugins that have been working fine for so many years with each other. Also, the redirect loop issue goes away when I just put shortcode into a page myself instead of having the plugin generate a page. So now there is no redirect loop issue anymore; however, when I click on the days in a calendar NOTHING happens! I don’t understand. I have javascript script on another page with no problem.

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Did you use [app_confirmation] shorcode? Also, I am not asking you to get rid of any plugin. I just want to find out which plugin is conflicting with A+. So that we can find a solution. It’s still a conflict issue with either your theme or any plugin. It’s worth to run a test.

Also, it’s 0830 here, I was about to off. I will be available again at night.

Cheers

Ash

• pxwm
    • WP Core Meltdown

Hi @Removed Info

I’ve checked your settings and they all look fine except you don’t appear to have a Service provider created.

Is this correct and if so could you try adding a Service Provider and assign them to the single Service.

Also I clicked on the link to your appointment page and it didn’t load.

Could you please provide the link again.

You also stated that when you added the shortcode manually it worked.

Could you please post all the shortcodes you manually used so I can check and compare between the previous shortcodes you posted.

Regards

SteveB

• OhSusanna
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

I thought this was a private forum area. It is not. I accessed this forum from the Membership dashboard in my WP dashboard. You should be much more clear that this is a public forum that is indexed by Google and other search engines. Please delete all my information from this thread. Thank you.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.