How do i get ultimate facebook to work? Do I need another plugin to make the comments show?

when im installing ultimate facebook, on the second step labeled, "Permissions and Tokens" it seems to never finish and has that status bar scrolling forever. And when I click on the button, "Refresh User Access Token" I get this error popup:

"Given URL is not allowed by the Application configuration.: One or more of the given URLs is not allowed by the App's settings. It must match the Website URL or Canvas URL, or the domain must be a subdomain of one of the App's "

Anyways, I did all the other steps and I'm still not seeing FB comments anywhere on a page or post....

Whats the deal???
can I use ultimate facebook in conjunction with comments plus?
Also, your popup plugin doesnt work either. Thats 3 plugins that arent working for me now....

• PC

Hello Shane,

Greetings and thanks for posting on the forums.

First of all, you need to create a facebook app according to the instructions here : https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/how-to-make-a-facebook-app

You can find Ultimate Facebook usage guide here : https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/ultimate-facebook#usage

Can you please confirm once you have completed the above steps ?

can I use ultimate facebook in conjunction with comments plus?

Yes, you can use both of them together however if you are using Ultimate Facebook for comments, I will suggest you to disable Facebook from Comments plus as it might create a confusion for your users. Apart from that, there are no issues in using both of them together.

Also, your popup plugin doesnt work either. Thats 3 plugins that arent working for me now....

I will suggest you to create different threads for different issues. Having multiple issues discussed on one thread will create confusion and will delay the fix.

do I have to use the facebook comments app from facebook, and the ultimate facebook is just a plugin that modifies that other facebook app, or is ultimate fb supposed to show a comment box on its own?

No, you do not need to use any other plugin for ultimate facebook to display the comments box.

Sometimes a few themes do not have necessary hooks to display comments from facebook. For situations like this, I will suggest you to first check with the default 2012 theme to see if comments are appearing or not.

If they are then you can use a custom hook in your theme where you want to show the facebook comments.

I hope that helps. Please feel free to ask if you have more questions on the same.

Cheers
    PC
    Sales &Support

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.