How do I get you FTP access privately?

https://premium.wpmudev.org/live-chats/2015/03/themes-and-design-59-1409-103/

Michael Bissettat 2:52 pm
@RobertKwasny: We can mark it as private, but it doesn't start out as that. We ask for sensitive details (such as login information) to be sent in via our contact form (as laid out in the instructions that we post on the thread itself).

• RobertKwasny

The critical stuff from the live session:

RobertKwasnyat 1:57 pm
    @Michael Bissett Strange On and Off connections here today!... got a strange one. A multisite using Domain Mapping all of a sudden will not let me into the Network Admin level of WP. It says that it is redirecting and then fails. I worked with Bluehost on this and also renamed my Plugins Folder, looked at wpconfig and htaccess... and no matter how much Coffee I'm chugging, not getting any additional ideas? Got any?

Michael Bissett
    Michael Bissettat 1:58 pm
    @RobertKwasny: Hmm... what does your .htaccess look like presently? You're getting a redirect loop error, right?

RobertKwasny
    RobertKwasnyat 2:04 pm
    @Michael Bissett Yep, looping... I've even renamed htaccess, it seems like the problem could be coming from MySQL

RobertKwasny
    RobertKwasnyat 2:13 pm
    @Michael Bissett I'll keep helping Tom and Fahad

Michael Bissett
    Michael Bissettat 2:14 pm
    @RobertKwasny: Thanks a bunch :slight_smile:

RobertKwasny
    RobertKwasnyat 2:14 pm
    @Michael Bissett Sure

R
    Michael Bissett
    Michael Bissettat 2:32 pm
    @RobertKwasny: Looking into your issue here... and I'm curious, do you have www. in the address of your main site?

Michael Bissett
    Michael Bissettat 2:35 pm
    @RobertKwasny: Also, what does the later part of your wp-config.php look like?

And is this a subdomain or subdirectory Multisite?

Tom
    Tomat 2:38 pm
    @RobertKwasny ok, thanks for your help, ill try pursue the CSS option further

RobertKwasny
    RobertKwasnyat 2:38 pm
    @Michael Bissett like this: define('WP_DEBUG', false);

define( 'SUNRISE', 'on');

/* Multisite */
    define('WP_ALLOW_MULTISITE', true);
    define('MULTISITE', true);
    define('SUBDOMAIN_INSTALL', false);
    define('DOMAIN_CURRENT_SITE', 'www.505575.com');
    define('PATH_CURRENT_SITE', '/');
    define('SITE_ID_CURRENT_SITE', 1);
    define('BLOG_ID_CURRENT_SITE', 1);
    define('DOMAINMAPPING_ALLOWMULTI', true);

/* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

/** Absolute path to the WordPress directory. */
    if ( !defined('ABSPATH') )
    define('ABSPATH', dirname(__FILE__) . '/');

/** Sets up WordPress vars and included files. */
    require_once(ABSPATH . 'wp-settings.php');

Michael Bissett
    Michael Bissettat 2:46 pm
    @RobertKwasny: Odd, when I try going to your site directly, I'm seeing the redirect loop there, without even trying to go to wp-admin. :disappointed:

RobertKwasny
    RobertKwasnyat 2:46 pm
    @Tom Yeah, me too... what about your Theme Supplier... they should be helpful for something like this... very helpful. I can vouch for my Themify.me folks -- they've been great for 3+ years. Just in case you need to switch

Michael Bissett
    Michael Bissettat 2:47 pm
    @RobertKwasny: We'll want to dig into your site deeper, could I ask you to open a thread for this (if you don't have one already)? We can request access details from there, and go into this further over there.

RobertKwasny
    RobertKwasnyat 2:47 pm
    @Michael Bissett Yeah, exactly... that's what has me scratching my head and thinking somehow an Option Table is goobered up

Michael Bissett
    Michael Bissettat 2:48 pm
    @RobertKwasny: I'm curious about that myself...

RobertKwasny
    RobertKwasnyat 2:48 pm
    @Michael Bissett The problem is... I can't get to the site to even turn on the Support Access... I can't get to the dashboard.

Michael Bissett
    Michael Bissettat 2:48 pm
    @RobertKwasny: In this case, we'd want to have WP Admin & FTP details, the cause of this sounds deeper than what Support Access would provide.

RobertKwasny
    RobertKwasnyat 2:49 pm
    @Michael Bissett YET, all the multisites load and work just fine... just the main 505575.com

RobertKwasny
    RobertKwasnyat 2:49 pm
    @Michael Bissett Right... I'll do that... remind me... there is something strange about creating a ticket with critical info

Michael Bissett
    Michael Bissettat 2:50 pm
    @RobertKwasny: The important thing is to not post those details on the thread itself, we'll request those separately. :slight_smile:

RobertKwasny
    RobertKwasnyat 2:51 pm
    @Michael Bissett Right but when creating a ticket, how do you create one that is automatically private...

Michael Bissett
    Michael Bissettat 2:52 pm
    @RobertKwasny: We can mark it as private, but it doesn't start out as that. We ask for sensitive details (such as login information) to be sent in via our contact form (as laid out in the instructions that we post on the thread itself).

Michael Bissett
    Michael Bissettat 2:56 pm
    @RobertKwasny: No worries, I'll post in your thread about this, but we will want to continue there, as we'll need to close up the live chat shortly.

Michael Bissettat 3:00 pm
    @RobertKwasny: Umm... I'd rather that the information related to the problem would be listed there first, as anyone else helping out is going to have a harder time assisting you (since there's no history about the issue listed there).

Could you post that instead?1

RobertKwasny
    RobertKwasnyat 3:01 pm
    @Michael Bissett Oh... you're not jumping on that after this session closes? :wink:

So, that's as far as we got...
    For whomever is picking up on this -- the next question is:
    OK, so how do I send my FTP access privately?

Thanks!
    R

• Michael Bissett

Hey @RobertKwasny! :slight_smile:

In regards to the details that I asked for earlier, here's how you can send them in:

- Mark to my attention, the subject line should contain only: ATTN: Michael Bissett
    - Do not include anything else in the subject line, doing so may delay our response due to how email filtering works.
    - Link back to this thread
    - Include WordPress network admin access details (login address, username & password)
    - Include FTP log-in details (hostname, username & password)
    - Include any relevant URLs for your site

On the contact form (linked to below), please select "I have a different question", this ensures it comes through and gets assigned to me.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Thanks in advance! :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Michael

• Michael Bissett

Hey @RobertKwasny, my apologies for the delay on this ticket!

After doing a good deal of digging, one thing to note is that your .htaccess file doesn't have Multisite entries inside it presently, it's set up as it would be for a single site install. One important thing to ask is, when you first set up WordPress Multisite, was the version of WordPress in use at the time version 3.5 or greater?

Now, to speak more directly on the redirect issue, I noticed that inside of your site's database, the "siteurl" entry for the main site has this:

http://www.505575.com

But your "home" entry has this as the URL:

http://505575.com

I didn't change the entry yet, as I wanted to confirm first that you had a backup handy before I made the change. Would I have your permission to change this here?

Please advise,
    Michael

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.