How do I give users access to multiple pages / levels?

Can't find an answer to this anywhere.

Basically, I want to give users specific access to a lot of different pages. For example, User1 needs access to Page A and Page B, User2 needs access to Page B and Page C, User3 needs Access to Page A and Page C.

If I have access levels like these:
Level A - Access To Page A
Level B - Access To Page B
Level C - Access To Page C
etc.
...and I assign User1 to Levels A and B, then they cancel each other out and they have access to nothing.

Is there a way of assigning levels like this, or would I need individual levels for each user that specify exactly what they can access?

I am starting to think I chose the wrong plugin and might need an alternative solution...

• Mike
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

p.s. I realise it says in the manual:
    Positive – Users can see selected pages. Pages not selected will not be available to
    the level.
    Negative – Users can not see the selected pages. Pages not selected will be available
    to this level.

So I understand why it is doing this at the moment.

What I don't understand is whether there is a way around this, for example would a better way not be to restrict all access, then any levels would simply enable different access, rather than restricting everything?

• Timothy Bowers
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey there.

Our Membership doesn't let you tailor specific pages to specific members as such.

It's restricted by Level, so if you have user1, user2 and user3 on Level 1, they all get access to the content of that Level.

The only way to do that is a Level per user but I'm not sure that's so practical but it depends on how you're running things.

Unless you set up a fair few Levels which would take into account all scenarios, again it's practicality depends on how you're running things and the amount of content.

Take care.

• Mike
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Thanks, think I have found a way around it, rather than restricting to pages I am going to use shortcodes to display links and content. The auto shortcodes and not-shortcodes are a great help. Thanks anyway.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.