How do i grant one site the right to install any plugin

How do i grant one site the right to install any plugin they wish too

• Milan

Hi @Andrew Mathews,

I hope you are having an awesome day. :slight_smile:

By default single wordpress site is able to install any plugin it wish to. :slight_smile:

But in the Multi-Site case you can't give such permission to Subsites. The reason here is that there are some plugins which are network activated for all the sub-site. But if one sub-site has ability to manage plugin, and let' say unintentionally it deletes network activated plugin. Then other site will crashed if they are dependent on delete plugin.

So to ensure that subsite can't get permission to mange plugins just like main network site gets. But they do get permission of activation and deactivation of plugin which are made available to theme by main network site..

And if you want to know more about how multisite works, you can read this nice article. https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/ultimate-guide-multisite/

I hope this helps you..

Please let me know if there is anything else I can help you with..

Enjoy Wpmudev..

Warmest Regards,
    Milan..

• Milan

Hi @Andrew Mathews,

But one of the sites has plugins that need to be installed for the theme

As I told you before wordpress doesn't provide plugin install capability granting to subsites. So you can not limit plugin installation for one site only. But you can always activate plugins for one site. That means you need to install plugins as networked. To do so please follow these steps.

#1) Go to Network admin dashboard
    #2) Install All the required plugins.
    #3) Don't activate any of them.
    #4) Login to site dashboard on which you want to use those plugins.
    #5) Go to plugins page. You will see all of the plugins which you've installed as network admin there.
    #6) Then you can activate plugins which you would like to use for that site.

I hope this helps you..

Please let me know if there is anything else I can help you with..

Enjoy Wpmu-dev..

Warmest Regards,
    Milan..

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.