How do I import content from the demo site BuddyPress Social?

I'm testing out the BuddyPress social site for my client because they'd like to start an online forum site for their visitors.

I downloaded the BuddyPress site and have it setup here -

The only problem is that I don't know how to setup all the Groups, Forums, etc... I would like to import content from the demo site of BuddyPress and see how it is setup so I can get a better understanding of how to build the site.

Is there a method of doing that?

• Alexander

Hi @ebasa,

I'm sorry, we don't have demo data available for any of our themes.

I would recommend starting by going to BuddyPress -> Settings and enabled any BuddyPress components that you require.

BuddyPress retired their built in forum module, in favor of better integration with bbPress. You can find it here:

Let me know if there's anything specific you're trying to setup and I can look into it for you and give better instruction.

Best regards

• Alexander

Hi @ebasa,

This is a customizable welcome message that can be setup from the "Intro Settings" You can choose a message, and there will be a login form.

If you'd like an image, just upload one, and copy and paste it's URL into the URL option. 480x260 is the best image size.

Keep in mind that this section will only appear to users who are not logged in. For social sites, it's a great way to have your home page give some marketing message and incentive to signup, but once they're signed up they don't need to see it anymore.

Thanks for being a WPMU DEV member. Let us know if we can be of any further assistance.
    Best regards,