How do I incorporate Chat into my Buddypress?

I just installed Chat. I'm not a techie person. In your promotional video, you said that it is easy to integrate it with buddypress, how can I do this. I open my buddypress profile, but the chat icon is nowhere to be found. Please advise, thanks.

• Paul

@vicfabe,

The Chat plugin works two ways with BuddyPress...

1. First is BuddyPress Group. If you Groups enabled and are admin of a group. You can go to that group's admin panel. There you will see a tab for 'Group Chat'. At the top of the panel you will see a checkbox to enable/disable chat for that group. Below the checkbox you will see tabs to configure the look and feel of chat. From colors to user lists, etc.

Also on the group you will see another 'Group Chat' not in the admin section. This is the actual chat. If you visit that part of the group you will see the working chat where other group members can post messages.

See the first attached image showing Admin > Group Chat of the default BuddyPress theme.

2. The second way Chat works within BuddyPress is via Friends. So when you go to your Profile > Friends you will see the chat status of users you have connected with. See the second attached image. If the friend is online you will be able to click the Chat now button and initiate a private chat.

That is about it. Also within BuddyPress you can setup Chat on normal Pages using the shortcode as part of the plugin.

Let us know if you have any more questions.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.