How do I increase the length of blog post title excerpts on the main Network page?

Howdy! I love Network. But I'm curious how I might tweak the length of Title excerpts slightly in the direction of longer on the front page. Example on my site:

http://coyot.es

One of my member blogs' most recent post titles is "Inventing novel food webs for a brave new world." On the main page, it is excerpted as: "Inventing novel food webs for..."

Obviously there need to be some limits on title length, but that title isn't horrendously long. Any advice?

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings chris_clarke,

Welcome to WPMU DEV!

Thank you for the great question.

Though I may be able to hack my way through it and figure this one out, this certainly me not be best practice and a theme option to be able to set the length of the excerpt would be better yet.

To find out what would be best practice to accomplish this, I will see if I can get the lead developer in here with his invaluable insight into this theme for his advice/advise for us.

Though this may take a bit longer then a normal ticket, I will try to get him in here asap.

Cheers, Joe

• EnzoMDD
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hey @chris_clarke,

I have updated the options so you can pick the word count of the blog titles, please upgrade to version 1.7.7.7.

If you go to Network Theme > Advanced Options > Number of words in blog titles on the homepage.

The default is 5 words.

Let me know how you get on.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings chris_clarke,

It appears this particular topic is now resolved/closed, if you need any further assistance please let us know.

If it wasn't resolved, or you have any more questions related to this thread, please feel free to post them below including any new symptoms or errors and tick the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.