How do I increase the upload limit for media on our wordpress site? Currently it is set to max at 1

How do I increase the upload limit for media on our wordpress site? Currently it is set to max at 16MB.

• Fullworks
    • The Bug Hunter

Is it a single site or multi-site?

In all cases it will need to be adjusted in your php.ini file

upload_max_filesize = 32M

for example. If you don’t have access to a php.ini file you will have to contact your hosting co.

On a multi site, you also need to go to the network admin > dashboard > settings > network settings and set the limits for the sub-sites.

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey there.

Just to add:

Normally you can edit your php.ini file or add your own (depending on setup):

memory_limit = 256M

Even thought you don’t have access to your php.ini, does your host allow you upload a file to make changes?

httaccess:

php_value memory_limit 256M

If your PHP supports then you can edit your wp-config.php file and add the following line:

define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '96MB');

If you are not sure how or have further issues then it would be best to ask your host to help you out with this one.

Take care.

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

Hiya, just going through some of the older threads here.

As it’s been a little while since we last heard from you I thought I’d check in to see how you’re going?

If you’re still looking for some further assistance with this thread then please feel free to reopen the thread or of course for any new and related issues you are most welcome to open a new thread.

Thanks.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.