How do i install the dashboard ?

Hi All,

I've been using wordpress for years, but i'm just getting into multi sites and offering people free blogs.

So i signed up here to get some plugins etc .

I've downloaded the dashboard zip file and i've no idea how to install it.

I added the includes files to the wp-includes folder but it did nothing.

Sooooo :slight_smile: how can i install the WPMU dashboard so i can install plugins etc.

thanks.

• Zyniker
    • WordPress Warrior

To install the WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin, you simply perform the same steps as you would with any other plugin install:

Unzip the archive.
    Upload the resulting folder to /wp-content/plugins/.
    Navigate to your dashboard and click on the plugins pane.
    Activate the plugin (in this case, network activate through the network dashboard).

• Zyniker
    • WordPress Warrior

MultiSites will change a number of things on your network. The primary change is from allowing only one site (e.g., example.com) to allowing multiple sites (depending on your network, they'll be on subdomains [e.g., one.example.com, two.example.com] or in subdirectories [e.g., example.com/one/ example.com/two/]). You'll also gain a network dashboard in addition to the regular administrative dashboard that all WordPress installs have (this is located at example.com/wp-admin/network/). This is the dashboard you'll use to administer your network (i.e., not just your main site, which will still be administered from example.com/wp-admin/).

As for the matter at hand, the steps for installing a plugin are essentially the same for WordPress and WordPress MultiSite. You just have to navigate to the network dashboard instead of the standard administrative dashboard (i.e., you'll visit example.com/wp-admin/network/ instead of example.com/wp-admin/).

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.