How do I integrate Automessage with Email Newsletter Plugin

Few questions about Automessage.

1.) How are emails sent with this plugin? I use the e-Newsletter plugin, will it send through it? If not how does it send? I use an SMTP server.

2.) Will it send a message out each time I create a new post in my blog? If so how do you only choose certain blog categories?

3.) How does the template system work? Do you place your own html inside of the message box of how you want the automessage to appear? Or does the text in the box get inserted into another template being used by e-Newsletter?

4.) The option on the actions of "create new user" or "create new blog" how does this work with e-Newsletter? Example: Someone signs up for our newsletter through e-Newsletter, is this considered a new user? If so how do you differentiate between who gets what with the automessage as you can have several different groups in the e-Newsletter system.

Thank you for helping out. Trying to understand your plugin. Gary

• aristath

Hello there @Gary, I hope you're well today!

1.) How are emails sent with this plugin? I use the e-Newsletter plugin, will it send through it? If not how does it send? I use an SMTP server.

Emails are sent using the default WordPress email methods.
    If you've configured your installation to use SMTP using a plugin or some other custom configuration and you're affecting WordPress's default sendmail functions then this plugin should not have any issues.

2.) Will it send a message out each time I create a new post in my blog? If so how do you only choose certain blog categories?

No, if this is what you want then I would recommend this plugin instead: https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/subscribe-by-email/

3.) How does the template system work? Do you place your own html inside of the message box of how you want the automessage to appear? Or does the text in the box get inserted into another template being used by e-Newsletter?

I'm afraid I don't quite understand what you mean here...
    What template are you talking about? Templates are not used by the Automessage plugin, if you want your automessage messages to be sent using an HTML template, you can use this plugin and combine it with Automessage: https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/html-email-templates/

4.) The option on the actions of "create new user" or "create new blog" how does this work with e-Newsletter? Example: Someone signs up for our newsletter through e-Newsletter, is this considered a new user? If so how do you differentiate between who gets what with the automessage as you can have several different groups in the e-Newsletter system.

If a non-user signs up for your newsletter, a user is NOT create in the database for that user.
    The automessage plugin sends follow-up emails to registered site users so it will not send an email to that user, since they are not registered.

I hope that helps!

Cheers,
    Ari.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.