How do I integrate membership and buddypress to provide a members-only area with profiles?

Hi there,
I think I'm trying to integrate the membership and buddypress plugins.

We have a personal training business and want our visitors to have the following...

1. A regular themed blog website which people can visit and read about our company
2. The ability to register for free and gain access to certain content
3. The ability to have a paid membership, where you have your own profile (much like the wpmudev profile), can ask questions (again similar) and also have access to specific content (again quite similar to wpmudev).

Do I need both membership and buddypress, and if so, how can I place buddypress 'within' the membership site, or at least have it as separate to the blog so that the two are distinct. I.e. a blog and a 'members area' where the features of buddypress are available.

Thanks very much

Richard

• aecnu

Greetings Richard,

Welcome to WPMU DEV!

Thank you for taking note of the WPMU DEV site but the custom coding done here is nothing like any that will be found elsewhere and the developers are not going to budge a centimeter on telling us more - I have tried ... lol

Do I need both membership and buddypress

I do not know, you have not shared your vision enough to be able to make that determination though one simple question can make the difference, do you want custom fields in the profile - if the answer is yes then Buddy Press. If the answer is no there are other plugins to use that will provide some of the same features that Buddy Press provides.

how can I place buddypress 'within' the membership site, or at least have it as separate to the blog so that the two are distinct. I.e. a blog and a 'members area' where the features of buddypress are available.

This you will need to apply yourself and build it out and let us know what items you have issues with.

We supply the tools and members build what they want and the way they want and if they get hung up on a certain item we try to help.

Please let us know when we cross that bridge.

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.