How do I integrate my WP E-commerce store with Facebook

I have a client who would like to have a Facebook store using their WordPress WP E-commerce setup.

I tried looking for plugins and themes and have yet to find any that have a functioning demo.

Tokokoo claims that some of their themes work with WP E-commerce and Facebook but their demo doesn’t work and was made 2 years ago.

WP FB Commerce only has an “early release” and hasn’t been updated in a year and a half…and no working demo.

So…any suggestions on how to go about doing this? Thanks!

• Brad Griffin
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

@cecile_williams I’ve got tons of suggestions! But, first…

1.)Is the theme you’ve chosen for your client “responsive”? If so, you can use the actual site as a Facebook app. It’s as simple as putting the url of your site (or even a specific page) straight into a Facebook App.

2.)Do you have an SSL? This is the other requirement that Facebook will ask for when you set up your app. So, if you’ve got one already, that’s great. If not, that’s cool too. Simply making the client’s actual webpage is – hands down – the easiest way to create an e-commerce site on Facebook. However, let’s check out some other options.

Tabsite

Heyo

ShortStack

That should get you started, or at least pointed in the right direction.

P.S. If you don’t have (or the client won’t pay for an SSL) you can always try this plugin, but it might take a bit of fighting to get it to work.

• cecile_williams
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Thanks so much Brad and Jack!

My client’s previous designer built the site and made a child theme for twenty-twelve. Twenty-twelve is responsive…but the child theme isn’t. …and it doesn’t look like they currently have an SSL

It sounds like having a responsive theme and SSL would be the way to go for sure. The time spent messing with plugins would be better spent fixing the theme to be responsive (or replacing it).

I will ask my client about getting SSL or give them some of the other options.

Thanks again!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.