How do I integrate the E-Newsletter plugin with the Formidable forms within Optimizepress?

Hi,
I have Optimizepress 2.0 and I have just purchased the newsletter plugin. I also purchased Formidable forms based on a recommendation from a support member of wpmudev.

What I need to do is create a few forms and connect them with the newsletter plugin.
Optimizepress gives the ability to use their own optin boxes, and integrate the html code from the form, which I can do using the formidable forms, but I do not know how to integrate the formidable forms to the newsletter.

Can you please help?

Thanks!
Sal

Vaughan

Hi @Sal

I haven't used either of those before. What are you wanting to do exactly?

I don't think e-newsletter has any facility as such for this kind of integration, the plugin does come with it's own subscribe widget.

If you could explain exactly what you are trying to achieve, I will ask the developer for some feedback to see if he could provide any insight for you.

Hope this helps

Thanks

Sal

Hi Vaugan, thank you for your kind reply - I understand that my questions are a bit of a challenge.

So, everything starts with me, transferring over to Mandrill. It is a transactional e-mail system using SMTP and is being built by Mailchimp.

I use Optimizepress as a theme, where I built a website from scratch, using their built in Live Editor.

Now, optimizepress has its own optin forms, very beautifully made, designed to capture e-mails. It has integrated support for Mailchimp, but not for Mandrill.

However, because I needed some extra functionality (radio buttons and drop downs) I contacted WPMU presales and asked regarding those two issues.

So, after talking with someone from the pre-sales department, he told me that I can use the Newsletter (which works fine) and advised to get formidable to slove my problem with the forms, which I did, and it works, but:

1. The problem is how to connect either formidable forms or the optimizepress forms to the newsletter. The newsletter does not have an html file but only a shortcode which is useless within the optimizepress optin box and
    2. I do not understand, if it is impossible to connect optimizepress forms to newsletter, how to at least use the formidable forms with the newsletter.

If you are confused, please let me know so as to get screenshots of the process and send you.

Thank you so much for your help!
    Sal

Sal

here is the response from David, from the pre-sales department, maybe it will help a little.

Hi Sal,

Thanks for clarifying. To be sure I understand, will you be using Formidable Forms to register users on your site? If so, that should work fine with Automessage which simply works with user registration/signup.

As for newsletters, you can actually specify at the time of sending newsletters that you want them to go to all your users. Would that work for you?

Or were you looking to add users to newsletters based on their option during signup?

If that's the case, it might just require a line or two of custom coding, depending on how you want it all to work.

In any case though, we'll be happy to delve into all those details with you through our support forums here.

Kind Regards.
    David

DavidM

Hi Sal,

I'll see how I can assist here as I spoke with you in pre-sales.

Just to quickly clarify, I wasn't advising to get Formidable Forms/Pro, but merely mentioning that it provides front-end functionality that you were asking about. I believe I mentioned it alongside Gravity Forms, a similar solution.

I've got a version of Formidable Pro to work with here so I'll see how we can connect that. I'll see what more I can also find about OptimizePress.

To be sure I understand you correctly, you will be using Formidable Pro to provide a customizable user registration where users can get subscribed to a newsletter during that registration, is that correct?

Thanks,
    David

Sal

Hi David,

Apologies, I didn't want to sound this way, sorry about my English - I understand what you mean and I sorry I used the word "advising".

Would it help if I gave you access to the optimize press site to run your tests?

To answer your question, yes, I will be using formidable to provide a customizable user registration to the wpmu dev newsletter plugin, where users can get subscribed to various newsletters during that registration - all via Optimizepress.

I can also share my screen with you in you need me to.

Thank you again for your help!
    Sal

DavidM

Hi @Sal,

Sure, if you'd like to provide me with access to your site, I'll be happy to assist from there. While my test sites provide a way for me to set that up, doing so directly through your site would make that much easier and ensure it works for you.

To send details, please use our contact form: https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Select: I have a different question
    Subject: Attn-David
    Details: Send all required details (admin info and/or ftp details) with a link of this thread, so that I can track.
    Also post a note here once you send the info.

I'll be happy to assist from there.

Maniu

Hey guys

i am currently working on new version of eNewsletter that will make it more flexible for scenarios like this. Currently it might be bit hard but hopefully soon to be released version will make custom forms like this bit easier!
    I have to note that i havent used both product you are mentioning so i cant promise anything. It sounds a bit like it would require custom coding, like add-on for formidable pro.

Thanks,
    Maniu

Sal

Hi guys,

David, thanks for your support so far, its incredible.
    I have sent the details your requested please let me know if you received them.

I have cloned a page called "(dup) Newsletter" for your tests - all you have to do is either hover over it and select "Live Editor" or click on it to go to that page to edit, and then click "Live Editor"

In t Live Editor, to add a form, what you have to do is click any of the buttons that say "Add Element" and then type on the search "Opt in box" or HTML if you want to simply add html or shortcode.

Feel free to mess around on that page.

Or you can create your own page to do that - you can add a page from the normal wordpress system or go to Optimizepress>Page Builder.

Any help you require, just e-mail me.

Maniu, I appreciate your help in this - yes, if you could make this work, it would be an awesome tool to use.

DavidM

Hi @Sal,

As we spoke in email and sorted this matter a different way, I'll go ahead and marked this as resolved for the moment. It would involve an extensive customization currently, not a simple thing unfortunately. But hopefully with a future version it'll be as easy as calling a single, simply function for integration.

Glad that alternative works for you though. We'll have a look with you on any questions you have with that.

@Maniu, that sounds like great news. Looking forward to them updates.

Cheers,
    David