How do I like facebook page to download content?

Hello what I want to do is to use pay with a like in order to access content on a single page of the site, here I will post a link to download a music cd.

But what I want to do is that when the people "give the like" they actually like the bands facebook profile not the wordpress page so is this posible?

Kind Regards

• Charlie Pryor
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hi djpechi,

Are you wanting to place this for multiple bands, or is everything for a single band's page? If only for a single page, you are able to designate a custom URL for the like button to work with, and if you make that URL the URL of the Facebook page, then people will be liking the Facebook page instead of the page on your site.

Hope that clears things up. Thanks for being a WPMU DEV member.

Charlie

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hey @djpechi,

Greetings and thanks for posting on the forums.

Unfortunately the plugin does not support liking a Facebook page as a custom URL as you can notice in the plugin settings

You can enter a single URL to be liked, e.g. your home page, http://paywithalike.wpdemo.in. NOT your page on the Social Networking Website, e.g. Facebook. If left empty, the page that button is clicked will be liked.

If you are looking for people to download your Facebook page, you should use Ultimate Facebook plugin. There is a widget you can put in the sidebar which people can use to like your Facebook page.

I hope that helps. Please feel free to ask if you have more questions on the same.

Cheers
    PC

• Charlie Pryor
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Sorry @PC. I should have clarified.

My knowledge of the plugin itself is "almost" non-existent, but, to embed an actual Like button onto the page would yield the above mentioned effect... But the only problem with that, is that you won't actually get that "like" registered as being "Paid with a like."

Using the plugin apparently doesn't work as PC said, so I apologize for misleading on that one. However, manual placement of a like button HTML or FBML if you've got it set up with your header file already (which Ultimate Facebook can do for you automatically) will give you a custom placed Like button that, when clicked, will like a Facebook page that was designated when the button was created

Hope that helps. Sorry about that. I'm just a video guy here, but I'm also a guy who uses Facebook a LOT.

Charlie.

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hey Charlie, no issues with that :slight_smile: Even I get confused at times.

@djpechi

Unfortunately its not very easy to hack the plugin in order to achieve what you want. It has been discussed a few times now. Eg : https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/how-i-can-add-my-facebook-page-in-pay-with-like#post-426078

A post I found here : http://www.labnol.org/internet/social-payments/27898/ can get you started in the direction of custom coding.

I hope that helps. Please feel free to ask if you have more questions on the same.

Cheers
    PC
    Sales &Support

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.