How do I login via FTP

Hi, setup an SFTP user. How do access via FileZilla (for examples).

• Adam Czajczyk

Hi Lashan

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

First, you need to create yourself a SFTP account. To do this, go to The Hub and in hosting panel select the site. Then in "Accounts" section click on "Add new" and select "SFTP User". The necessary information are only a username and password. Please note down the password as you won't be able to check it later.

Once you already got an account created, you can connect using FileZilla like this (let's say your site is: yoursupersite.wpmudev.host):

1. Open filezilla and you should see a 4 fields in a top bar: Host, Username, Password and Port, followed by Quickconnect button:

- put yoursupersite.wpmudev.host in Host field (of course - replace it with your real site)
    - put the username of SFTP user that you just created in a "Username" field
    - put the password in the "Password" field
    - hit "Quickconnect" button

2. A question will show up whether you wish to trust the certificate so either say "yes" or check the "Always trust" checkbox and then hit "yes"

You should be connected now. You should see the "site" folder in the "remote site" panel of FileZilla. If you enter it and then "public_html" folder, you should see all your site files there.

If you got any additional questions, let me know please.

Kind regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.