How do I make all new pages use a static page default template

I am working on a site that won’t have any blogging on it and I actually need all the pages to follow the same page template. I have noticed that by default, when a new page is added, it uses a template for a post page. I actually want all the pages to have use the same template that my static front page uses. Is there an easy way to do that? I’m not sure what file I would need to look at for that (maybe change the template-loader page to just redirect the different page types to the same template) but I don’t want to change too much code that might really break something. Hope this makes sense. Thanks for helping again!

Dustin

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there Dustin,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

Could you advise if this is a single site or multisite install please? You want to remove the post option all together and just use the page option correct? So that all pages are static.

Please advise.

Thank you!

Kind Regards

Jack.

• Dustin
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hi Jack,

This is a multisite. Yes, I want to make all pages static and have it so when I add a page, it will use the same layout as the static page (which I designated as a front-page). I didn’t do any templates so it is just using the default page template. I am using new blog template plugin so the site is the same whenever a new site is created but now I need it so it will basically duplicate the format of the page I have set as the front-page. I hope I am making sense. I’m using the Genesis framework with the corporate child theme and I used Elegant Builder to design the layout of the page. I read about creating a page template file but to be honest, I wasn’t sure where to even start to be able to change the page I designed into a template. Please let me know if I am even on the right path or if there is a better way of doing this.

Thanks

Dustin

• Dustin

I don’t know if I am wording this right. I want to be able to make it so when a person adds a page, it will create a page with the same look and widgets as what the home page looks like. Here is a screenshot of what the first page looks like and what I want the new one to look like (with the exception of no pics/vids showing because it is new but still all the layout and widgets are there. I hope this makes sense.

Dustin

• Dustin

I think the best way to describe what I want to do is basically the same thing new blog template does but I want it to work on a page level instead of site level. The site level is great for when I want them to create a new site but then I need it to be on a page level to handle when they create a new page in their site. I want the page they create to have the same plugins and the same design every time. That way, all they will have to do is go in and add their pictures. videos,etc. I hope this clarifies a little more on what I am trying to achieve.

Thanks

Dustin

• Dustin

I think I’m just going to have to suck it up and create a custom page template that has the plugins hard coded in using the layout I need. Haven’t found any other options unfortunately. Hopefully it won’t be too bad to do. This will be my first page template! Learn something new every day.

Dustin

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there Dustin,

I hope you are well today and sorry for the delay with my reply, I had missed your reply and last week was away on vacation with the family.

Thanks for your continued patience and the additional details, you would indeed need to create a custom page template, how did creating one go? I’m here to assist please advise.

Again sorry for the delay.

Kind Regards

Jack.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.