How do I make pages available to members only

I need to create some new pages which will only be visible to members. This is all I really need “Membership” for. How do I make the pages visible to members only?

• Rob
    • New Recruit

Thanks Vaughan. However, I have a paid up subscription to wpmu dev now so would prefer to use it. We will be charging for membership and there are other features which may well be of interest.

We have some products/functions that we cannot advertise publicly so need to restrict certain pages for members only.

What is the best way for me to use the Membership plugin to achieve this please.

Thanks again.

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

hiya

if you are wanting to charge for membership, then yes, that’s entirely different. it wasn’t apparent that you wanted this from your original post.

depending on how many pages you are planning to protect, would determine the rules to use.

currently there is a bug which prevents positive rules from working, so at moment i’d recommend creating negative rules.

create 2 access levels

free & premium

then in the free level, select negative rules and add the pages etc you want protecting. those pages will then be blocked by anyone in the free level group.

you can assign guests to free level on the dashboard > membership > options > general tab.

create a subscription plan for free level, then add the free level rules to the free subscription, you probably want to set it as indefinite.

now create a subscription plan for premium & add the premium access rule level to the premium membership. then select the subscription type, serial will allow automatic renewals at a pre determined time such as monthly.

we do have a full user guide available on the usage page. along with multiple video tutorials to get you going.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/membership/#usage

hope this helps.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.