How do I make sure that the "Upgrade" button shows up for users that are already signed up

I created a test account as a free user, which I have associated to a FREE membership level. When I login to this account and go to the subscription page I can see the other subscription listed there but there is no "sign up or Upgrade" button for the other subscriptions. How can I fix this? Your help is greatly appreciated.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Jay,

After lengthy testing of this plugin I have found that until the membership level a person is assigned to expires, they are not presented with the option to upgrade.

Therefore I believe to get the reaction you want you will need to set the free membership level to last a total of 1 day and finite.

Then the next time they come on after the 1 day they will have the option to renew the free membership or upgrade.

Please advise if this works out as anticipated.

Cheers, Joe

• BusinessOnlinePh
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Would this work with paid membership levels or would setting the length to one day force another payment?
    Ideally I would like users to be able to upgrade from their existing plan at any time, offsetting the cost based on the remaining length of the existing subscription.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Jay and BusinessOnlinePh,

Would this work with paid membership levels or would setting the length to one day force another payment?

Great question. The answer is that it would force another payment.

Ideally I would like users to be able to upgrade from their existing plan at any time, offsetting the cost based on the remaining length of the existing subscription.

I totally agree that this would be the preferred MO but unfortunately this is not currently available and does not work this way.

@Jay any progress on this issue and test?

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey there, I hope all is well.

Just checking in to see how things are going here, its been a short while since we heard from you.

If you still need further help then please feel free to reopen this thread or create a new one.

Take care and have a great day! :slight_smile:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.