How do I modify the tags/categories page (dr_listinglist.php) and single listing page without breaki

I need to remove the ratings/reviews, and change some of the language on the Listings category-level pages (e.g. where it currently says "Listing Category: X" I want it to say Location"). As far as I understand, dr_listingslist.php is the page on which to make these changes.

But when I make the appropriate changes to the dr_listinglist.php file and save over the default one in the plugin/directory/themes folder, nothing changes. When I upload it to the master theme folder (where single_listing_directory is located), the changes are now reflected, but the sidebar is removed or pushed to the bottom of the page, the font is suddenly tiny, and the layout is just generally messed up.

I am having a similar problem when trying to remove the ratings from the single listing page, and uploading the file to my overall theme folder - the sidebar disappears and the font gets tiny.

**Please Note** This occurs even if I don't make ANY changes to the default files, just upload them to my theme folder. This makes me wonder if I'm somehow putting them in the wrong place, but that doesn't seem likely.

In sum, I need to know 1) how to modify the categories page without making the sidebar disappear; and 2) how to modify the single listing page without making the sidebar disappear.

Please help! Thanks.

How do I