How do I offer membership

I have PRO installed and setup for a FREE and a few other levels.

I have buddy press installed too.

I want to offer where people can register for a FREE buddy press account and if they want to they can upgrade to hosting a blog with us.

How do I offer both?

I was able to register an account and when I clicked on the link to the PRO registration I get a link that says SIGN UP FOR A SITE and it does nothing ..... the link shows this
http://expathomesteading.com/pro-site/?action=new_blog

when I click the link it goes no where.

I have opened up and allowed support

• Luís

Hi Michael ,

Hope you're doing well today!

If I understood well, you want to let the users to create just an user account (using BuddyPress) and then, create a site too (using Pro Site).

I would like to suggest to disable the option "Signup on Checkout" in the Pro Sites settings, because it will disables the WordPress (and BuddyPress) signup.

I hope this information has been helpful. If I can help you in this or other questions, please let me know!

Cheers, Luís

• Michael

Thank you.

It was definitely a setting problem. I did as you suggested and can create just a buddypress account. BUT when I click on the PRO link it said to Sign Up for a pro account to click..... when I did that it just redirected back to the same page. The link did not work.

I looked into the code for the ?action=new_blog and found that IF I had the "Allow Multiple Blogs" UN-checked is what caused the issue. It wasn't allowing just a buddypress person to create a PRO account. Guess it looks like there already is an account regardless of being a buddypress OR a PRO.

Once I clicked to ALLOW the multiple blogs it works.

So for anyone having the same issue.

UNCHECK - "Signup on Checkout"
    CHECK - "Allow Multiple Blogs"

This allows for one to first create just a buddypress account and then to be able to signup for a PRO account.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.