How do I offer membership pricing OR automatic commission option to users?

So I’ve found this tutorial (https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/how-to-build-your-own-etsy-like-site-using-marketpress) on setting up your own “Etsy” like site, and I have a few questions.

1. Is it possible for me to set up a site whereby users could set up their own storefronts, and have the option of either paying a monthly membership, OR giving us a small percentage on each item they sell? If so, how would I do this?

2. After reading the other thread, I understand that you can’t use both chained payments and global cart together. So, I was wondering, if I were to enable the global cart instead of chained payments, would I be able to then have membership levels offering access to different features?

I’m totally new to multisite, any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

Hiya @kisscreations

Welcome to the forums!

In theory, yes.

Using the Membership plugin, you could create access levels that limit access to certain features of MarketPress in the backend.

You would need to get creative with URL Groups and regex to restrict access to those features though. The Membership plugin does have access rules for MarketPress, but they apply to front-end access to content; not backend features.

• hpidriver
    • The Crimson Coder

Take a look at the WPM plugins Pro Sites and New Blog Templates, that way you could have users choose different “package stores” upon signup and then you can charge them either a monthly fee through Pro Sites. In addition you could still use Paypal Chained Payment gateway in Marketpress to collect commission.

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

Hi again @kisscreations

What about my first point, offering membership fee OR commission, is that possible?

Whoops, missed that one, sorry.

MarketPress currently enables you to take a commission or not. But that setting is applied network-wide. There is currently no built-in way to turn that off selectively per site.

If you would like to create a new thread and make that a feature suggestion, it may garner enough support from the community to make it worthwhile developing. A new Pro Sites feature that disables the MarketPress commission on certain pro site levels.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.