How do I ping e-newsletter mailer with membership plugin?

Is it possible to ping e-newsletter mailer? which url do I use? Are there any instructions on how to set this up? Does e-newsletter mailer work with amazon ses now?

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

Hi @Atlanta

Darn it, you come up with some doozies sometimes, dontcha? I honestly don’t have the foggiest idea what to tell you, lol.

So I’ll flag the developer on this thread to get his insight.

The eNewsletter plugin just underwent a major rewrite, so the code and the possibilities should still be nice and fresh in his head :slight_smile:

• Maniu
    • Developer

Hey @Atlanta

It does not work with Amazon but it is something that’s often requested so there is high chance that it will be included in next major version.

I am not sure what do you mean by pinging enewsletter. What is your scenario? If you choose to send by cron – it emails to send every 2mins. Keep in mind that wordpress cron is not true cron so for it to get activated, site needs to be visited by somebody(or bot).

Hope this answers your question.

Thanks,

Maniu

• Atlanta
    • Syntax Hero

@maniu

Thanks. The reason why I want to ping newsletter is I have Membership plugin set up to ping an email out when a user joins a new level. Unfortunately I cannot offer unsubscribes with this option so it can get rather spammy. Membership plugin can ping Mailchimp to send emails out and manage unsubscribes but it gets pricey so I will like to use e-newsletter to send the email and manage the unsubscribes.

At 1:47 in this video a mailchimp ping is set up with membership plugin. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vRrWidibBg It will be nice to do this with Wpmu’s own email management system and easily track unsubscribes and be able to export this data if I switch servers.

Is there a way to do this?

• Maniu
    • Developer

Hey @Atlanta

Unfortunately – it is not possible now, i understand your scenario. Support for something like this would certainly make enewsletter more powerful. Hopefully we will be able to implement easy way to allow something like this in feature.

Thanks for your suggestion – hopefully i will be able to implement it sooner than later.

Thanks,

Maniu

• diegoys
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi guys.

The ping for membership + e-newsletter would be excelent.

When a user upgrades its membership, a mail would be sent to explain the new functionalities of the new plan and also works as a Welcome / Thanks for the upgrade mail.

• Ollie
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Communications just doesn’t cut it though… What happens when you only want a paid member and not a free member…?

Oh well I guess we have to pay for yet another custom addon to connect your plugin with your other plugins… This is getting ridiculous.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.