How do I prevent this add-on from being overwitten on an upgrade?

Hi, I am trying the international shipping addon for marketpress. Every time Marketpress upgrades its it gets wiped out and subsites have to re-enter their settings. It is not replaced by another file, it is totally deleted If I 444 permission will this prevent the international shipping plugin from being deleted or is there a better way to do this? It's a single php page in the Marketpress plugin. Thanks.

• aecnu

Greetings Atlanta,

That is impossible unless your host has programmed in an override somehow that I am not aware of.

As Global Network Administrator for two International Corporations I vehemently deny that this is possible to overwrite a 444 permission-ed read only file on a server - unless server security has been overridden or compromised which would be very hard to do - then I would be even more worried to what other "modifications" in security and against RFC regulations are happening.

I would contact your host and ask them if it is possible to over write a file permission-ed 444 without first changing it permissions.

If I copy the file to my computer and reload after the update every boutique who entered data in the plugin fields will lose the data.

The data is stored within the database and therefore though I have never seen data overwritten in the database by an upgrade --> it is possible. But I always back up my databases so no worries there if it did happen.

To help ease the pain and assist backing up the database, I offer you to download in what is in my opinion the greatest Database Management software of all time Navicat.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

Cheers, Joe :slight_smile:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.