How do I properly install Marketpress and Framemarket?

I'm rather confused. I have installed Marketpress E-commerce. It seems pretty straight forward but I was hoping to have my store at domain.com/store as opposed to domain.com/store/products. Also, I uploaded Framemarket to my site via FTP into the wp-content/marketpress-styles folder (I had to create the marketpress-styles folder) and I'm not seeing it in my drop down options for presentation.

I'm not really sure if what I'm doing is correct but basically what I want to happen is this:

1. Store landing page located at domain.com/store
2. Framemarket to be the store theme, while keeping my Emag theme site-wide. (mostly because I do not want my homepage sidebars visible in the store, and I'd like customers to have access to the cart feature on top like in Framemarket)

Are these things possible and am I on the right track?

Thanks,

Brit

• PC

Hello there Brit,

Thanks for your post.

When MarketPress is installed on a site, the store slug and the product slug are different.

The store base is here yoursite.com/store and products are here yoursite.com/store/products

You can change it here : yoursite.com/wp-admin/edit.php?post_type=product&page=marketpress&tab=presentation

However if you want to have a different theme on your Store, then I will suggest you to install a separate WordPress install in a subdirectory or subdomain on your site eg.

yoursite.com/store or store.yoursite.com

For this purpose you can either use WordPress Multisite or install a separate instance.

Once you do that, you will be able to use a different theme on your store.

Once you install FrameMarket, you will be able to set your products list as your homepage and you should be sorted

I hope that helps. Please feel free to ask if you have more questions on the same.

Cheers, PC

• brittani

Hi,

Thank you for responding. I guess I am confused because when I go to domain.com/store there is nothing there. I also don't really understand the relationship between MarketPress and FrameMarket. I've downloaded Marketpress and when I go to presentation I see the option for FrameMarket there, however, not on the drop down selection. What does this mean?

Also, I would like to be able to edit the sidebars on the pages like /store/product and /store/shopping-cart/ but since I didn't create these pages in WP, I cannot edit these sidebars.

Suggestions?

Thank you!

• PC

Hey there,

Sorry for the confusion here.

I guess I am confused because when I go to domain.com/store there is nothing there.

Yes because the store exists at yourdomain.com/store/products

You can change the slugs from the presentation settings.

I've downloaded Marketpress and when I go to presentation I see the option for FrameMarket there, however, not on the drop down selection. What does this mean?

Have you separately installed that theme on your site ? Do you see that under Appearance >> Themes ?

Also, I would like to be able to edit the sidebars on the pages like /store/product and /store/shopping-cart/ but since I didn't create these pages in WP, I cannot edit these sidebars.

What about using something like :
    http://wordpress.org/plugins/dynamic-widgets/ or http://wordpress.org/plugins/widget-context/

The latter claims to support Wildcard urls.

It also features section targeting by URLs (with wildcard support)

Would that work ? Coz No matter pages are virtual, there's got to be a common element in slug.

Cheers, PC

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.