How do I protect an entire category?

Using Membership 2, how do I protect an entire category? And why is the Forgot Password link not taking me anywhere from the login screen?

• Dimitris

Hello there jasonhunter,

hope you're doing good today! :slight_smile:

Using Membership 2, how do I protect an entire category?

If you want to protect only the category list view, but not the single posts that's assigned the category, you can go to Membership 2 -> Add-ons and activate Category Protection. Then navigate to Membership 2 -> Protection Rules and a Categories submenu should be visible, where you can protect any post category with your membership levels.

If you need to protect both category list views and the single posts that's assigned this category, you should go to Membership 2 -> Add-ons and activate Individual Posts and URL Protection addons. Then in Membership 2 -> Protection Rules you can protect the single post and in URL Restrictions use the category list view, like: /category/photos/.

And why is the Forgot Password link not taking me anywhere from the login screen?

I can see that when you try to access a protected page, instead of getting redirected to the Protected Page that's set in Membership 2 -> Settings -> General -> Membership 2 Pages, redirection is happening to /wp-login.php.
    Could you please ensure that you haven't set any protection rules for all Membership 2 Pages and check this once more? (these pages should properly redirect for non logged-in users)

Warm regards,
    Dimitris

• jasonhunter

Thank you for your guidance on the first part. As for the second part, I'm really unsure of where to look... it's not like the Forgot Password page is an actual page that would have any protections on it. I wonder though, since our registration form is being handled by a plugin (FormidablePro), if we could "hack" the Forgot Password link to redirect to a physical page where another FormidablePro form could handle the password reset.

• Dimitris

Hello there jasonhunter

I don't have much experience with FormidablePro, I was able to find this guide though:
    https://formidableforms.com/knowledgebase/user-registration/create-reset-password-page/

Membership 2 Pro doesn't have any specific endpoint about the lost password page (even though the Protected Page includes a login/register/lost password forms), so this should work without any issues.

Also default WP page for resetting password is:
    https://example.com/wp-login.php?action=lostpassword

Warm regards,
    Dimitris

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.