How do I put Forums on a Subdomain?

I am trying to put my Invision PowerBoard forums on a Subdomain because when they are at domain.com/forums they keep interfering with features of Wordpress.

I have tried multiple ways of making this subdomain work, and nothing seems to be doing it. I have done the following:

I have edited the config file for IPB to change the forum URL to forums.searchbuzz.co instead of searchbuzz.co/forums

I have added the subdomain in to GoDaddy's hosting as an A Host pointing to forums, and then linking it to the same IP address. I then went into cPanel and was able to successfully add it as a subdomain. (I am sure that's what I usually do!)

The forums are now innaccessible at http://searchbuzz.co/forums - although the domain still works, and when I go to the new subdomain, it just loads a default cPanel page due to a misconfiguration.

Any ideas where I might be going wrong? Only thing I can think of is the .htaccess file, but I don't know what exactly needs to be added to it, and I am worried that if I add it there as well it will cause a redirect loop.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer me.