How do I put Q&A wherever I want (besides /questions/)

I'm looking for the shortcodes or function to put the Q&A plugin on whatever page I want. Any documentation or help for this? Mainly, I want to put it on the homepage, but I'd like to understand how it works for future customization.

• Philip John
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Hiya and welcome to WPMU DEV!

You mentioned the slug ("/questions/") in your initial question so is it that you'd like to change or more?

It's hard to change the slug and you'd need to use a custom plugin that used WP_Rewrite really.

To use Q&A as your home page should be simpler though. You *should* be able to go to Settings > Reading and select the Questions page as your home page.

Phil

• Nitrous Cloud
    • The Crimson Coder

That's what I initially thought as well - however, questions doesn't come up as a static page, which is what WP looks for under Settings > Reading.

I was hoping there were shortcodes built in, so I inject it into a template. Really seems like there should be a better way to customize it.

• Philip John
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Hiya,

Just checking if it was eventually resolved in another thread? Or by yourself separately to us? Or by us over email with you? Or using our live support?

If so, no need to reply, that's great news.

If not, could you let us know by re-opening this topic, and we'll get onto it and helping you out asap!

Otherwise, happy days, glad you got it sorted :slight_smile:

Thanks,
    Phil

• Nitrous Cloud
    • The Crimson Coder

Hello,

No, I never figured it out. The option to get the Questions on the homepage via Settings > Reading doesn't work, because it looks for static pages.

I saw a site recently that used your plugin that had questions on the homepage, so it must be doable (can't recall the site name - it was in another language).

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.