How do i put sign up box on my homepage

hello please i need help.
1) please how do i put sign up box on my homepage so that bloggers can sign up and automatically create a blog, subdomain like blabla.yoursite.com?
2) i can't see all the premium plugins and themes when i click on premium plugins under pro site. what do i need to do so that my user will have access to my premium plugin and themes.
3) why is it that i cant be able to create link to my post, the link icon is no popin up.
please also i need an admin to also help me to handle some settings.thanks

• Sajid

Hi @donrich,

Hope you are doing good today and welcome to WPMUDEV :slight_smile:

I am assuming you are asking about Pro Sites plugin.

1) please how do i put sign up box on my homepage so that bloggers can sign up and automatically create a blog, subdomain like blabla.yoursite.com?

There are two options to have a signup form for user and site registration. On is yoursite.com/wp-sigup.php (default) and other one is using Pro Sites signup on checkout option. You can set this option from Network > Pro Sites > Settings > General.

2) i can't see all the premium plugins and themes when i click on premium plugins under pro site. what do i need to do so that my user will have access to my premium plugin and themes.

Premium plugins can be found under Premium Plugins tab on Network > Pro Sites > Premium plugins. For users they can see which one is premium under Admin > Premium plugins and themes.

They will access to those plugin automatically when they are subscribed for assigned Pro Site level that is required to use those plugins. Other wise they will see restricted message as seen in the attached screenshot.

3) why is it that i cant be able to create link to my post, the link icon is no popin up.
    please also i need an admin to also help me to handle some settings.thanks

It seems to be unrelated to the other quesitons. Please start a new thread for this one and explain it a little bit more.

For future, always start separate ticket for each question to avoid confusion, get faster response and according to forum posting rules. It also helps other members of community to find an answer looking for same issue in future.

Take care and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Sajid J

• donrich

it seems like you guys need to check it out and admin access is on already in case if you wanna help.
    i cant see the premium plugins and themes (Admin > Premium plugins and themes. )and even as a user i cant see it either at my end.
    so how do i create a registration form because it seems like i need a registration form to put the sign up on my front page or do you have any video that can help me.thanks

• Sajid

Hi @donrich,

Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

Thanks for granting support staff access. In your Network > Pro Sites > Premium Themes, I can see upfront and framemarket themes, as seen in attached screenshot. Only network disabled themes will be shown in this list.

Same with plugins, I can see plugins that are not network activated and network only in this list, as seen in screenshot. If a plugin is network activated already or its a network only plugin then it will not display here.

so how do i create a registration form because it seems like i need a registration form to put the sign up on my front page or do you have any video that can help me.thanks

Pro Sites uses default WordPress registration form (domain.com/wp-signup.php). So users can signup using this form by going to yoursite.com/wp-signup.php. They will be treated as basic user at this moment, later on they can upgrade after loging in.

If you want to collect payments on the time of signup you can use built in pro sites signup page for this purpose. Go to Pro Sites > Settings > General and enable "Signup on Checkout". Don't forget to set a signup page here as well on same settings tab "Checkout Page", as seen in attached screenshot.

Lastly, if you want to display form on home or any other page then you can do this with any plugin that have user registration or login form. Like theme my login.

Ins this plugin ans use following shortcode to display signup form where ever you want on your website. For more shortcode options please check official documentation of this plugin.
    [theme-my-login instance="1" default_action="register"]

Take care and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Sajid J

• Panos

Hello @idonrich,

1. Pro Sites plugin supports already offers a free level so you do not need to create a level with 0 price :slight_smile: Actually the plugin does not allow you to add directly a free level, only if you update its price later on (perhaps allowing to update price with 0$ might be bug).

You already offer the free option in your checkout page, it is right under the pricing table as in the screenshot attached

If you prefer to change the text it can be done from the Settings option "Free Level" in your Admin menu > Pro Sites > Settings > General Settings tab.

Unfortunately if you want to add the free level in the pricing table isn't supported currently, and I would encourage you to create a new thread at the Features & Feedback forum. The most likes it gets, the most are the chances of this feature being added :slight_smile:

2. When the user submits his new blog's information in the checkout age, the plugin doesn't yet create the new site. An email is been sent to the Super Admin informing of this new action, where it provides an activation key. The super admin can use this activation key to activate a new blog from the Admin menu > Pro Sites > Manage Sites.

In that page you can insert the activation key in the "Activation Key" field and click on activate button to activate.

3. You can allow only logged in user to create new sites. If you agree with this, navigate to admin menu > Settings > Network Settings. In the Registration Settings section (close to the top, no need to scroll to much) there is an option "Allow new registrations", make sure you choose the option "Logged in users may register new sites."

Hope you find this helpful!

Kind regards,
    Panos

• donrich

Hello thanks for your reply, but the issue here is that am not getting it, maybe my programmer might have make some mistake modifying pro-site with 2checkout, that might be the reason why all you said is not working for me here because i have tried it.

1, i don't know how to reverse the free level to default so that it will not ask for payment anymore because i have try to do it. please access is granted to see if you will help out.

2, i just created a new site now but i didn't receive any key to activate the blog.

3, i choose "Logged in users may register new sites." but how can a logged in user create site when there's no way to create account in the first place? Because the only two field that appeared is "username" and "password" nothing like create account.

please access is granted, just check out and see how you can help me. or you can show me how to do it with screen shot.
    In case if my programmer have made some mistake let me no please.thanks

• Panos

Hello @idonrich,

1. If you want to remove the "Free" level from the pricing table, you can do so by deleting the free level from your Admin Menu > Pro Sites > Levels, and click the "Delete" button next to the free level.

2. I tested creating a free blog ("No thank you, I will continue with a basic site for now") and thought the blog was created I confirm it does not display confirmation message and does not send activation key. The reason for this might be some plugin or theme conflict. I would recommend to try deactivating all plugins and try with only the Pro Sites plugin enabled. If still the email is not sent try switching to default WordPress theme (Twenty Sixteen). Please let us know how this goes.

3. Choosing "Logged in users may register new sites." is a good way to protect from spammers but it has a heavy cost. I would recommend to install any anti spam plugin.

Hope this helps!

--EDIT--
    Hey @idonrich,
    Regarding number 2, I just noticed the email in my spam so I would recommend to have a look at your spam in case you have done any testings, or try again making a free blog and then check your spam to see if the email is there :slight_smile: Cheers!

Kind regards,
    Panos

• donrich

The blog was created actually and i also got email but there's no key for any activation, the blog is working fine for now, when you created the blog did you click reserve or did you create it as supper admin? you created basic and how did you do it?
    but the sign up page is showing "Reserve" instead of create account. but does it mean that admin must activate every created sites or blog.

1, i don't want to remove the free level but what i mean is what to do so that users will not need to put payment detail before creating free level account.

2, which anti spam plugin will do the perfect job to stop bots?

3, if i switching to default WordPress theme (Twenty Sixteen). hope is not going to affect all the customization on the current theme we are using on the homepage?

• Nastia

Hello @idonrich

I trust you are doing well today!

1, i don't want to remove the free level but what i mean is what to do so that users will not need to put payment detail before creating free level account.

This can only be done if you are not using recurring subscriptions, otherwise the payment details are required from the user. To disable Recurring Subscriptions, please navigate from your Dashboard to Pro Sites > Settings (check the attached screenshot)

2, which anti spam plugin will do the perfect job to stop bots?

The most popular plugin is Aximet:
    https://akismet.com/wordpress/
    Ans also you try the following plugins from wordpress.org:
    https://wordpress.org/plugins/antispam-bee/
    https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-spamshield/

3, if i switching to default WordPress theme (Twenty Sixteen). hope is not going to affect all the customization on the current theme we are using on the homepage?

No, once you switch to another theme and then back the previous customization will not be lost. But just in case, please create a back of your installation, this way, if something goes wrong, you can always restore it. You can use the Snapshot Pro plugin for backups.

I hope this helps!

Cheers
    Nastia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.