How do I recover my wp-admin login?

I just created a sub-directory and installed a second install of wordpress for 'Directory' plugin. It seemed ok, but when I exited and came back, I needed to insert user name/password. The one for my main site doesn't work. I tried deactivating and re-activating but can't get to it's dashboard. Should I just delete the entire directory and start over? I've obviously missed a step (like create admin). Thanks so much for any help.

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hiya,

Greetings and thanks for posting on the forums.

First of all, I would like to say that if you need different sites for different plugins like Classifieds, Directory etc, then rather then installing them on separate subdirectories, you can simply use WordPress multisite. The benefit is that you do not need to manage the sites separately as it would be one common install of Wordpress and you can create thousands of sites on it.

Read more here : http://codex.wordpress.org/Create_A_Network

As far as the current sites are concerned, it seems that you might have overwritten the files by mistake, but it seems to be working fine to me now as both your wp-admin are accessible.

Thanks @Dev4 for chiming in and helping out. Sometimes, if the install is new, then its always better to start over with a better plan :slight_smile:

Cheers
    PC
    Sales &Support

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.