How do I redo my styles? Half the text on my pages don't appear with the correct text attribute

I designed my pages in Artisteer and brought them into Wordpress. Much of my text is not appearing with the proper font and attributes. I would like to re-assign styles in Wordpress, but I don't know where to do that. I don't know how to code the stylesheet. Isn't there a more visual way to deal with styles. Shouldn't something appear under Appearance>Customize where I can assign attributes for Headings and Paragraph styles - and what about for Forms? I'm feeling very frustrated by the lack of visual expression I'm able to accomplish with WordPress. Is there anything out there that will allow me to actually work on my pages while seeing what the page actually looks like while I'm working on it? The Visual Editor I'm finding to be completely useless. Thanks - Sherry

• Sherry
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

The Typography section has disappeared again! All I want to do is have ALL the text on ALL my pages in the font Century Gothic. In some browsers it does, and in others it doesn't. I don't know what's going on. Also, I'm having a ridiculously difficult time getting space between some paragraphs. With some the spacing is fine, with other paragraphs it's not. I've tried inserting
    - that gives me a gigantic space between paragraphs. Text formatting was not something I expected to spend numerous hours on. I need help, please! Thanks, Sherry

• Vinod Dalvi
    • WP Unicorn

Hi Sherry,

Thank you for your reply.

The Typography section has disappeared again! All I want to do is have ALL the text on ALL my pages in the font Century Gothic.

Could you please share me the page link where you are using the Century Gothic font so that i can troubleshoot it?

In some browsers it does, and in others it doesn't.

Please tell me in which browser it's working and in which not.

You have to get and use an @font-face kit that will have your font in the correct formats the web needs to display the font to all browsers, including IE.

You will find more information about @font-face kit on the following pages.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/adding-custom-fonts-to-wordpress-with-font-face-and-css/

https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/daily-tip-generate-your-own-font-face-kits-for-wordpress/

https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/beautiful-typography-for-wordpress-and-buddypress-using-the-font-face-rule/

Kind Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

• Sherry

Hi, I'm sorry for the delay in getting back to you. You can see the issue throughout the pages at

http://www.mobilitysalon.com/build

I think it's a style sheet issue, or something in that realm, rather than a browser issue, because, first, the typography area under Appearance>Customize keeps disappearing on me so I've never done anything with that, although my theme and a lot of content was brought over from Artisteer, where I put it all together, so I know the style sheets came over with that? BUT there was a problem with the theme and the top nav bar hat had to be fixed by someone else on here and they told me not to update the theme or I'd lose the fix. This has made me sad because I had planned to go back and do some more design work in Artisteer, but now I can't because of this fix issue. so... If you know anything about that... :slight_smile:

Secondly, some of the text does appear in Century Gothic on all the browsers, but on, for instance, my son's desktop PC running Chrome, Windows 7, and on my iPad (latest OS) - Safari - some of the text appears in something like Times New Roman - clearly the wrong font -- but on my MacBook running Windows XP and Chrome it all appears in Century Gothic. I don't know. I'm new at this WordPress thing, so any and all help will be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Sherry

• Sherry

Update - Got a plugin called Microthemer and it let me take care of the problem in about 10 minutes. Can't recommend Microthemer more highly if writing CSS code is not your thing. It's a tremendous time-saver. - Sherry

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.