How do I regain access to the membership plugin settings?

Hello there,

I removed my ability to view membership on my site. I unchecked every permission box except superadmin thinking I would simplify things. (Thought superadmin would continue to give me access to everything on the site.)

Unfortunately, now I am faced with the inability to access the membership plugin. It does say I am the membership admin and can see all protected content, but on the left hand side where the membership item is typically located in the WP dashboard is no where to be found.

I have tried deleting the plugin and reinstalling, but the settings and all of my work was still in tact after the delete, so I am not sure how to proceed.

I have tried asking this question previously, but did not receive a helpful response. There must be a simple fix for this problem.

Thanks,

-Patrick

Please help this is a time sensitive project.

• Patrick

Hi Vaughn,

It is on a single site.

I can't see the "all users" page or general membership plugin in any of my admin accounts.

I have tried deleting the membership pluing and deleting all related files form myphpadmin.

I reinstalled the membership plugin on the site and am still unable to access any of its info. It looks like the m_ tables are not reinstalling in myphpadmin.

This is extraordinarily frustrating for a stupid mistake.

Looking forward to a solution.

-Patrick

• Vaughan

Hi,

Can you run this query in phpmyadmin

SELECT meta_value FROM wp_usermeta WHERE meta_key = 'wp_capabilities' AND user_id = 1;

replace both instances of wp_ with the prefix of your DB tables

replace user_id with the id of your admin account.

It should return something similar to below.

a:16:{s:13:"administrator";b:1;s:15:"create_listings";b:1;s:15:"membershipadmin";b:1;s:24:"membershipadmindashboard";b:1;s:22:"membershipadminmembers";b:1;s:21:"membershipadminlevels";b:1;s:28:"membershipadminsubscriptions";b:1;s:22:"membershipadmincoupons";b:1;s:24:"membershipadminpurchases";b:1;s:29:"membershipadmincommunications";b:1;s:21:"membershipadmingroups";b:1;s:20:"membershipadminpings";b:1;s:23:"membershipadmingateways";b:1;s:22:"membershipadminoptions";b:1;s:32:"membershipadminupdatepermissions";b:1;s:18:"create_classifieds";b:1;}

It will look different depending on what plugins you have installed. Paste here what it returns.

If it doesn't return anything, run the following query

UPDATE wp_usermeta SET meta_value = 'a:16:{s:13:"administrator";b:1;s:15:"create_listings";b:1;s:15:"membershipadmin";b:1;s:24:"membershipadmindashboard";b:1;s:22:"membershipadminmembers";b:1;s:21:"membershipadminlevels";b:1;s:28:"membershipadminsubscriptions";b:1;s:22:"membershipadmincoupons";b:1;s:24:"membershipadminpurchases";b:1;s:29:"membershipadmincommunications";b:1;s:21:"membershipadmingroups";b:1;s:20:"membershipadminpings";b:1;s:23:"membershipadmingateways";b:1;s:22:"membershipadminoptions";b:1;s:32:"membershipadminupdatepermissions";b:1;s:18:"create_classifieds";b:1;}' WHERE meta_key = 'wp_capabilities' AND user_id = 1;

Again replacing wp_ with your DB prefix & user_id with your own.

Hopefully that should get you going again.

Hope this helps

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.