How do I remove the "Move to subscription" in Memberships renew form?

What triggers the "Move to subscription" option in my renew form. I have two subscriptions which are basically equivalent as far as the site is concerned. Is there something in the subscription setup that makes it display the second one as an upgrade or 'move to'?

I just want it gone. Is there a way to reconfigure them or make it go away?

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi highfive,

Being the default behavior for Membership in regard to upgrades and subscription movement in general, there's not an option in the interface to change that.

You can perhaps alter the renewal form in Membership though, at:
    /membership/membershipincludes/includes/renew.form.php

Lines 116 to 137 and lines 213 to 231 in that file contain the code to display those movement options. Looking closely at it, you should be able to safely remove those lines.

How would that work for ya?

-David

• highfive
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Ok, as long as I wasn't missing something.

I'll probably just remove it manually from the page with jQuery code in the template I use for that page. I just wanted to make sure there wasn't a better options first. Worse case, I'll modify the renew.form.php.

Thanks

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi highfive,

In thinking further through it, you might be able to just hide it with css, something like the following added to your theme's stylesheet maybe:
    .renew-form.subscription {display:none;}

It's not the advised route, but it has at least the practical effect of not having to edit core Membership files. It's update safe for that reason.

Cheers,
    David

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.