How do I remove the Search Box?

Hi,

Just getting started with WordPress. I'd like to take the search box out of the Theme I'm using. I'm using Catch Box.

Is there a simple way to do this?

Thanks!

• Mark Wallace
    • Learn-ing-er

More than likely it will be a widget

in your dashboard left side Appearance >>> Widgets then look to the left and you will find it. You can them just remove/delete it.

Some themes have this coded in "Not Many" if that is the case we just have to remove the lines of code that create it!

Thanks!
    Be Blessed!

• Paul Barthmaier
    • Code Wrangler

Hi Hailley,

Thanks for your question. In addition to the above, while totally fine to remove lines, I don't think you need to go there. Actually, I don't think it's TOTALLY fine, just mildly fine. It really depends on how you do it. If you were to comment out your lines in question, I'd be ok with that.

That being said, really the best thing, though, would be to create the child theme we talked about in the other post and in that child theme's CSS, we'll edit something with a { display:none; } and voilà!

That is really the simplest way.

Cheers,
    Paul

• hailleymari
    • Flash Drive

Thanks so much Paul, very helpful, would you be able to tell me how I can find out if the Theme I'm currently using has a Child theme already? It's not from WPMU, it's called CatchBox.

And if there isn't already a Child Theme, how do I go about making one?

Thanks again!!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.