How do i remove the store page from marketpress

What I want is when you click on store it goes straight to the products page instead of the store home page. I do not know how to edit the store home page.

• Charlie Pryor

Hi nate_bissette,

Without digging into code, and without making custom menus, the only thing I can see allowing you to do that, would be a straight 301 redirect on that specific URL for the store homepage.

While this isn't technically making your store home page the "products" area, it will forward anybody that attempts to visit the store homepage, directly to the products page.

If that sounds like something you're interested in trying, check out this super-simple plugin that does it:
    http://wordpress.org/plugins/simple-301-redirects/
    (note, it says it hasn't been updated in over 2 years... because it still works really well).

Once installed, you'll find the "301 redirects" menu item inside the Settings menu. Click that, and then enter "/store" in the first box there. Then set it to send /store directly to /store/products (type full URL) if you want. Anybody who visits the /store link will then be sent automatically to /store/products.

I don't know what this will do to your SEO though, and seeing as he's loads smarter than I am with this stuff, PC may be able to tell you downsides of doing that which I'm not aware of.

Thanks for being a WPMU DEV member

Charlie

• PC

Hello @nate_bissette

Thanks for posting back.

Redirection is another way to do it as Charlie suggested above. Thanks for the suggestion Charlie.

Alternatively, you can just avoid using MarketPress menu totally.

Just use the

[mp_list_products] shortcode on any page and it will show all your products and you can achieve what you want.

You can then have that page in the custom menu. Does that work for you ?

If you want to hide the store menu links you can add the below to your wp-config.php

define('MP_HIDE_MENUS', true);

I hope that helps. Please feel free to ask if you have more questions on the same.

Cheers
    PC
    Sales &Support

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.