How do I remove the 'support' menu created by the Support Tickets plugin from the admin me

I'm using the 'support system' plugin with a Multisite Installation which already has a top-level 'Help' admin menu. I've added the tickets and FAQs screens as subitems of my help menu using add_submenu_page but am unable to remove the main Support menu. I've tried using remove_menu_page but it doesn't work.

I'm working on a local development version of the site now so can't provide a link but attach a screenshot in case that's helpful.

I hope someone can help.

• Ash

Hello @Rachel

Welcome to WPMU community!

I hope you are well today and thanks for asking the question.

Please try the following code:

function remove_admin_menu_items() {
    	$remove_menu_items = array(__('Support'));
    	global $menu;
    	end ($menu);
    	while (prev($menu)){
    		$item = explode(' ',$menu[key($menu)][0]);
    		if(in_array($item[0] != NULL?$item[0]:"" , $remove_menu_items)){
    		unset($menu[key($menu)]);}
    	}
    }

add_action('admin_menu', 'remove_admin_menu_items', 100);

You can add those codes in your functions.php in the theme, if you think your theme won’t be changed. Otherwise mu-plugins is the best solution. To use mu-plugins, go to /wp-content/ and find the folder with name 'mu-plugins'. If there is no folder in that name, then create a folder, name it 'mu-plugins', create a file inside that, give any name you like and paste the code in there. You don't need to activate that plugin. Mu-plugins means must use plugins, so it will be activated automatically always.

Please let me know if you find this is helpful, or if you have any further questions.

Cheers
    Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.