How do I remove the Update Plugin Notification from Dashboard?

The question is simple: I want to remove (hide, close) the notification in the Dashboard that reads:

“Please install the latest version of our free Update Notifications plugin which helps you stay up-to-date with the most stable, secure versions of WPMU DEV themes and plugins. More information »”

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

That is removed by installed the Upate notification plugin.

If you really don’t wish to install that plugin you can edit the code, which plugin are you using?

In newer releases you can comment out the line:

include_once( $this->plugin_dir . 'dash-notice/wpmudev-dash-notification.php' );

Thanks.

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey there.

To comment out in PHP there are two ways:

/* PHP Comment
    the can go over
    multitple lines. */

// PHP Comment for a single line.

Of course removing the code is fine also. Commenting out just keeps it there should you wish to reactivate it later.

Before removing it you may wish to review this:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/wpmu-dev/update-notifications-plugin-information/

In addition to security procautions with keeping you up to date, my other major concern is always:

Conflict Avoidance – The WordPress.org plugin repository is fantastic; however, their is a MAJOR issue with their autoupdate feature. It identifies and updates plugins by the folder name alone. So, imagine you have have our Membership Pro plugin installed but you don’t have our WPMU DEV Dashboard. When we release the next lite version on wordpress.org, WordPress will tell you there is an update ready. You update it and then find out that you’re now on the lite version.

What if it was worse, and you were updating to a totally different plugin/theme with a similar name (same folder) that compromises your data? Frustrating to say the least! Our Dashboard plugin protects you from this automatically, so take it easy because we’ve got your back with our WPMU DEV Dashboard!

We occasionally get past members contact us when they’ve updated to someone elses plugin through WP.org.

I only mention this just in case you were not aware.

Take care.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.