How do I remove the video and image icons on the Status Update entry form widget?

How do I remove the video and image upload icons on the Status plugin Status Update entry form widget?

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

Hi @wadams92101

Yah, there is no admin setting to enable/disable those icons, is there?

You can easily get rid of them though with a bit of custom CSS added to your theme's style-sheet:

#wdqs-dashboard-widget .wdqs-type-switch { background:none; padding: 3px 8px 4px 0; }

Note that I've included an adjustment for the padding to compensate for the absence of the icons. Feel free to re-adjust to suit. :slight_smile:

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

@wadams92101

Sorry for the delay in replying. Thanksgiving weekend and Android stuff kept me rather occupied. :slight_smile:

It's working at most of my subdomains but a few are hanging on to the old icons.

That's likely the CSS in the themes that are active on those sites that are overriding stuff. I'd need to see those sites to be able to give you something better.

Also, it doesn't seem to work in the Status Update entry form on the dashboard. Any idea why that might be happening?

Yup, wp-admin uses a completely different style-sheet, and is not theme-dependent. Fortunately, our Ultimate Branding plugin has an Admin CSS module that enables you to add CSS that is applied to the admin areas in your entire network.

Activate that module and add the same CSS as above to it. Done deal. :slight_smile:

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hey there.

Thanks for posting in this thread, however it might be best if you open your own, even if the issues seem closely related. That way it will remain independent of this one and ensure it doesn't confuse issues here if this thread needs reopening again by the author.

It also means the member who started this thread or anyone following it isn't inundated with post notifications each time we respond to each other.

This also allows us to better track and answer your questions to ensure we don't miss any for ya.

You can start a new thread here:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/#question

Thanks
    Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.