How Do I Resolve A Notice re. "Add Object Deprecated"

Hello,

I'm not sure if you can help me with this issue, but I hope you can at least provide me with some direction as to what it means and how to go about fixing it.

After installing the latest upgrade provided by WordPress.org, I received the following notification and am unsure how to resolve it.

"Notice: add_object_page is deprecated since version 4.5! Use add_menu_page() instead. in /home4/wsbydesi/public_html/theadventuresofflapjack.com/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3658"

Can you help shed some light on what the notice is trying to tell me to do to resolve the issue and exactly what "add_object_page" is?

I really appreciate your help.

Sincerely,
Kimberly

• Kimberly Cohen
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hi Alex,
    Actually, I received two separate notices after upgrading to the latest WordPress.org application on the http://theadventuresofflapjack.com website, and that's why I created two different tickets.

I need help in resolving both issues so please don't close out either one of them until they are both addressed.

One has to do with the Ultimate Branding plug-in, but it was unclear what the notice about "add object" deprecated relates to.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Sincerely,
    Kimberly

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi Kimberly Cohen,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

"Notice: add_object_page is deprecated since version 4.5! Use add_menu_page() instead. in /home4/wsbydesi/public_html/theadventuresofflapjack.com/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3658"

This log notice is not generated by the Ultimate Branding plugin, one of your plugins is showing this error, and as mention before it's more a of a error notice, and it won't break your website.

Would recommend you to run a run a quick plugin/theme conflict test as illustrated in getting support manual (flowchart), and rule out the plugin causing the notice.
    http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/using-wpmu-dev/getting-support/

Since it's a live website, I didn't perform a full plugin conflict test. Please let us know how that goes, have a nice weekend. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

• Kimberly Cohen
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hello Nithin,
    Thank you for explanation and instructions. I realize now that to perform a full conflict test, I need to deactivate all the plug-ins and then reactivate them one at a time. I've done that now and have found that the WP Slider Plug-in was the one causing the conflict. I've researched it and found that it had not been tested against the new WordPress.org application and have just sent a message to the developer asking if he intends to update it soon.

I hope your day goes well and appreciate your help very much!

Sincerely,
    Kimberly

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.