How do I set a trial period for my membership site?

I am wanting to give certain people a one month trial of our viewer level. I am not sure if there is a way of doing this with the coupons or if this needs to be done somehow with the subscription plans. Please let me know! I am a customer I need to give a free one month trial as soon as possible.
Thank you guys for all your help here.

• Elliott Bristow
    • The Bug Hunter

Hi @jay_smull,

You would set up a trial period using the subscription plans. Each subscription plan can have different "stages", with each stage providing a different level for a different price.

To setup a trial period:

1) Add a new Subscription Plan
    2) Drag the desired membership level from the list on the right into the "Members Levels" section where it says "DROP HERE"
    3) Set Mode to "Finite", Period to the length of your trial period, and price to 0
    4) Drag the Membership level from the right again and drag it into "DROP HERE " underneath the level you just added
    5) Set the second stage Mode to "Serial", Period to however long your billing cycle is (say 1 month) and price to your membership fee.

This setup will put them on a free trial then automatically switch them to the paid membership on a repeating billing cycle.

• jay_smull
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Thank you for such a great step by step Elliott.
    My next question is... will this have to be seen by everyone? Or can I have it set up and put it on a separate page that I only send the link to individuals I want to offer this to?

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.