How do I set up a private site within multisite?

I'm working on development of a new multisite and would like your recommendations regards the best of your plugins to use for this purpose. I've downloaded Multisite Privacy and Membership Premium thinking these would help, but am unsure I'm going about this correctly. Here's what we're doing:

2 public sites

1 private site for our dues-paying members only, where we run a forum, provide them content, event registration, etc. However, we would like to feature their profiles to the public (if they opt to do so), which seems like it can be done using Member Directory.

2 semi-private sites: showing teaser content on one (our newsletter) to encourage other people to join our membership. On the other site, offering online training for free to our members but for a fee to others who register on that site.

I've established all of the above sites in our network and now need to start configuring privacy, and would like your recommendations on which of your plugins can assist me with each of the above scenarios, particularly with ensuring our members can access private content across multiple sites. Our membership includes about 1,000 people.

Thank you kindly!
Cheers, Sandra

• PC

Hello Sandra,

Greetings and thanks for posting on the forums.

If you want to make a site private as in using Multisite Privacy plugin then you can set that up as "Only registered members can access this site" and then anyone with a username password will be able to login to the site.

On the other hand as you stated :

1 private site for our dues-paying members only, where we run a forum, provide them content, event registration, etc. However, we would like to feature their profiles to the public (if they opt to do so), which seems like it can be done using Member Directory.

Members directory is a good option, and other option is BuddyPress extended profiles. It allows you to add more profile fields to the signup form so that one can enter that and it also allows you to choose which fields will be forced hidden or forced shown.

If your site does not allow access to unregistered members, then Multisite Privacy however if you have any members which are registered but not a paying member, then you can use Membership Plugin

Using Membership Plugin you can define which level of user has access to what content and then create subscription plans accordingly.

I hope that helps. Please feel free to ask if you have more questions on the same.

Cheers
    PC

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.