How do I set up a WPMUDEV RSS feed?

Hello!

How do I set up a WPMUDEV RSS feed??? never did understand or spend anytime learning about them.!

• Kimberly
    • Champion of Loops

we do them by tags :slight_smile:

I feed my tag to my reader

I’ve added you to the tags on the page

You can click that tag and you will visit the page for your tag.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/tags/mtb

Then you can go to your browser menu and “subscribe” to the page.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/rss/tags/mtb

Just make sure you tag yourself on all of the tickets you want to feed :slight_smile:

Hope this was clear enough, lemme know if you need more explanation :slight_smile:

Best,

Kimberly

• Mark Wallace
    • Learn-ing-er

Ok @kimberlyl @masonjames

I am struggling with this a bit. I can type in MTB in the wpmu dev search and find some of the threads I’ve commented on. I found the all tags page, but I do not see anything besides being able to subscribe, or be notified by email. So I do not see how to add my tag to something.

What I would really like, and I am not sure if it is set up. I would like to go to the “all tags” page and click say “Gravity Forms” then receive every post that people make for Gravity Forms. The same with say “Directory” then be notified of every post with directory. This way i could subscribe to topic that i know i will be facing in the future. Is this possible??? lol I am so demanding aren’t I lol

• Mark Wallace
    • Learn-ing-er

Hiya @masonjames @kimberlyl

Looks like we may have lost ya here, but the global tag feed can be found here:

Na!!! Just bit off more than i could chew with some advertising lol. Took me a while to get some peeps together to handle it.

About the question above. I am looking for a way to receive thread notifications outside of my email address. Like an rss thing. I have always removed these or ignored them, so not sure how to set one up, or even use it after it is set up. I haven’t been in the forums for a week and I am still receiving threads. That is good because it helps me learn, but man; my mail box is getting out of control. Is there any options?

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya @mtb1701,

Glad to see you’re stil around :slight_smile:

I totally agree and couldn’t possibly handle the inbox overload from post notifications around here :slight_smile:

I use my profile feed to continue monitoring posts where I have responded and then you also have a feed associated with your “favorites”. This can be any thread ya like just click the “Add this topic to your favorites” underneath the last post on any thread.

If I’m following a specific topic, I might also have a feed for that particular tag or create my own (I think you might have one here:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/tags/mtb)

I keep all of these in google reader and go through them regularly to stay up to date on everything.

Hope that helps!

I’m almost definitely going to WordCamp Orlando in December. We’re looking at spots for a DEV-specific WordCamp sometime in the next several months so you can bet we’ll be making announcements when we’ve got it figured out.

Thanks!

• Mark Wallace
    • Learn-ing-er

Thanks Mason!

If I’m following a specific topic, I might also have a feed for that particular tag or create my own (I think you might have one here:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/tags/mtb)

This is the answer! I want to follow plugin i plan on using in the future.

I’m almost definitely going to WordCamp Orlando in December.

Do we have time for Disney Land? I’ll buy the tickets.

We’re looking at spots for a DEV-specific WordCamp sometime in the next several months so you can bet we’ll be making announcements when we’ve got it figured out.

I know a small town close to STL MO. I am familiar with the Independent Business Association there. If you plan one in the USA try the middle of the country, STL has a international airport, and i could probably arrange special offers from local businesses. Could probably work something out with the community college too; they just built a new tek center, and started dreamweaver classes. I used to bake cakes for the College President. lol “Yes i used to be a Pastry Chef.” The town only has 30,000 people but can accommodate an extra 2,500 or so. Town shrunk from 40,000 to 30,000. I am sure they would do everything they could to make it an annual event. They may even pick up some of the tab! If you want me to inquire about anything just halla!

Good to see you agian!

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya,

Do we have time for Disney Land? I’ll buy the tickets.

Well come on down and let’s see what all we have time for :slight_smile:

I should clarify ” DEV-specific WordCamp”. We’re not going to be hosting our own or anything. Just looking for one that already is happening that several of our staff can attend at the same time.

Most of us have never met in person so an opportunity to do so would be really cool. Of course, I love going to these things and meeting members as well :smiley:

• Mark Wallace
    • Learn-ing-er

Ohhh! I was getting exited there for a minute. lol

I have a feeling after I attend one and figure out how they work, and what people do there; I will probably try and network with people to host one. I love NetWorking. lol

I would also like to see the local community college start offering some WordPress classes, and they are trying to become a 4 year university. Hmmm Professor MasonJames! hehehehe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.