How do I set up an employee's schedule if it changes every few weeks?

How do I set up an employee's schedule if it changes every few weeks?

My service providers regularly change their schedules and so the idea of a regular work schedule is out the window. I've tried adding extra working days via exceptions but those default to the regular business hours.

I'm trying to run a swim school and every instructor has a different schedule. I need to figure this out ASAP, if I need custom work to edit the plugin to do this for me please recommend someone.

Thank you,

Kiel

• Vaughan

hiya

thanks for the post.

i'm not sure this can be done out of the box.

it might be somewhat possible if you use gCal sync. if each service provider has their own gcal, they can mark their dates on gcal that they don't work and it should theoretically mark those dates/times in the reserved by gcal tab in appointments page, effectively making those slots unavailable. i haven't ever tried that though.

hope this helps.

thanks.

• pxwm

Hi @kiel_olver

I understand the concept of locations is being considered for a future release.

However in the interim you could consider the following two options:-

Option1
    Create an appointment page for each location and name them appropriately
    Then create a Service Provider for each location. e.g. SP1 - LocationA, SP2 - LocationB
    Then create the services for both locations
    Then assign the relevant services for each location to the relevant service provider
    Then in each appointment page:-

remove the shortcode [app_service_providers]. This will remove the service provider dropdown field
    then using the relevant service provider ID (can be found by going to the A+ 'Service Provider' tab and the ID is on the far left) add 'worker="then use the service provider ID" to the schedule shortcode.
    e.g. if you have selected to create a monthly appointment calendar and your service provider ID for locationA is say "2" then your shortcode would be [app_monthly_schedule worker="2"] in the appointment page for locationA
    This will force the appointment calendar to show the services for service provider at locationA

Option2
    Just use one single calendar and the service description would include the location.
    e.g. ServiceA - LocationA, ServiceA - LocationB etc

Hope this helps
    Regards
    SteveB

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.