How do I set up Multi Author on my Site?

Hi All, I have a site which i would like to set up so i can allow for multi authors. Is this possible through a plugin? or is it more complicated?

Cheers for your help in advance!

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Lara,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

If I understand you correctly you would like to set that up the way users other than you (as an admin) could post on the site, is that right?

That is a core feature of WordPress and doesn't require any additional plugin. For each user that's already registered on your site you can set a "user role" by going to "Users -> All Users" page and editing a profile of selected user.

The default role is "subscriber" and it doesn't let such user post on the blog. However you can change that role to the

- contributor
    - author
    - editor

(do not change to administrator please because that would give that person a full control over your site!)

Depending on a role that you assign to the user, the user will be able to post posts but not publish them (they will have to be reviewed and accepted), post and publish his/her own posts or post and publish his/her own posts and manage posts of other users.

You will find more information on user-roles and their permissions (capabilities) here:

https://codex.wordpress.org/Roles_and_Capabilities

Especially the "Summary of Roles" section should be helpful :slight_smile:

If you have any additional questions on this, let me know please!

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.