How do I set up my Multi-Site (Etsy-style site) to accept both PayPal and credit cards?

I am trying to set up an Etsy.com style site where I can take a transaction fee from the stores making a sale. I want the buyer to be able to:
1) Purchase products & checkout from multiple stores
2) Be able to use Paypal or Credit Cards

The forums have described that Paypal chained payments need to be used to create a transaction fee. However, they stated that you cannot have both a Paypal payment option and Global Cart enabled. They also stated that you can only checkout from a limited number of stores at once with Paypal. Is this true and is there way around it? How do we solve this issue? Also, what credit card processor options are there that work with Marketpress? I am using the Marketflex theme.

Thanks

Ashish

• Vaughan

Hi @Ashish,

Currently you need to use Paypal Chained payments which does require global cart to be disabled. This is a feature request which we hope will be changed in the next 3.0 release.

With Paypal if using the express gateway etc, users can still pay using credit cards without requiring a paypal account, Paypal provides an option you can click on when you go to the paypal page to checkout, At the bottom below the payment form, it says, don't have a paypal account, pay with credit/debit card.

Marketpress does have a few payment gateways you can use.

2Checkout,
    Authorize.net AIM Checkout,
    eWay Shared Payments,
    eWay Rapid 3.0 Payments (beta),
    iDEAL (beta),
    Manual Payments,
    Skrill (Moneybookers),
    PayPal Payflow Pro,
    Paymill (beta),
    PayPal Chained Payments,
    PayPal Express Checkout,
    PIN (beta),
    Simplify Commerce by MasterCard,
    Stripe

Hope this helps

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.